is an abnormal menstruation can cause anemia or leukemia?

no, im not having an excessive bleeding during menstruation,.,in fact my menstruation is not normal it comes sometimes every after 3 months or 2 months and even 6 months but when i already have 8, its very little

Favorite Answer

Abnormal menstruation can absolutely cause anemia, especially if you have really heavy flow and extra long periods because you are losing enough blood to affect your iron levels. It can't cause leukemia; leukemia is a form of cancer where the white blood cells attack the red blood cells.

Source(s): My mother and sister ended up with hysterectomies in their 40s because their periods were lasting 3 weeks out of the month and were also very heavy. My mother's little sister died of leukemia at the age of 5 because all they could do for her back then was just keep giving her blood transfusions.

bleeding excessively can cause anemia but not leukemia. if u are having irregular, heavy periods see a doctor.