Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

can a woman answer this bra question?

Women have told me no woman really wants to wear a bra - they just have to because of society pressures. Is this true?

Favorite Answer

Not true the women who told you that are probably flat chested.

If a woman who has an ample bosom goes without a bra gravity makes em sag.

If I go w/o a bra my back hurts also wearing a bra makes clothes look better.

Wearing a bra is something like having a harness on. Society pressure, yes to some extent, I have rather massive breast and only wear a bra to work. As a professional I get enough stares anyway, without a bra no one would hear a word I say.

Also, it does draw attention which some women don't like. I'm an exhibitionist so enjoy the looks, and don't mind calling someone if they are rude about looks or comments.

Source(s): wearing a 34 with an II cup, and yes they do make them

Wearing a bra gives the breasts support, which slows down any sagging that will occur from the weight of the breasts and with age. Some women really can go without if they're small enough, but I also like bras to keep nipples from showing through clothing. So aside from support, to me it's a modesty thing also. Many women also use bras for added lift if they want more cleavage. For women with larger breasts, it can also help distribute the weight.

I suppose if you want to look at it from that angle, it is society pressures. Our society encourages modesty and things that are aesthetically pleasing (saggy boobs aren't usually considered attractive). But I'd personally rather wear a bra than go without.

In my personal experiences, no it is not true. I always want to wear a bra because I feel uncomfortable having my twins flappin the wind. I do think however that not wearing one with no other support is somewhat tacky, that could the the society pressures that someone else was referring to. I think most women wear bras because it gives them lift and support that makes them feel more confident about their bodies, maybe its just me.

I prefer to wear a bra. I think it looks better and more respectable. I find in demeaning when a woman walks around in public without one. Some things are better left for the privacy of ones home. Being bra-less is one of those things.

NO. Some women like me have big breast and we need a bra from stopping our breast from sagging. Women can choice if they want to wear it. There is no law. But trust me a bra is way better of a women the lead to believe

Clothing looks better when you wear a bra, so I assume that's one of the main reasons women wear them. If you have a larger chest, it can be a bit painful or bothersome NOT to wear a bra. I usually don't wear one lounging around the house, but that's from sheer laziness.

• Nicky

Depends on the woman, as you can see. Some like them because they want to look a certain way and don't feel psychologically comfortable w/o one in company. Others, don't like them at all and only wear one when absolutely necessary (I know plenty of these girls). Most of us however, agree with your friend, we take them off asap. There a few freaky one's out there who think that wearing bras keep your breast from sagging (or at least slows it down) and wear them all the time, even in their sleep. They're usually generational freaks though.

I started wearing one when I got boobs because I was told I should, now I'm just really used to it and if I don't have one on it feels awkward. They are still uncomfortable though. But yeah we'd probably be more comfortable if we grew up in a society where it was the norm. No more readjusting these damn things.

I do want to wear a bra! I don't want my nipples poking through my clothes in public nor do i want my boobs jiggling along as I'm walking down the street! Plus bras today are not our grandma's bras... they are sexy and they enhance boobs and make them look so much better!