Are the Mason's a satanic organization?

Favorite Answer

No, they are not, the Freemasons are sort of like an Elks Lodge or order of Moose.

They started out as being a "union" of Masons, (men that engineer and build buildings).

If you want to really label them I would call them a scientific organization.

Men of knowledge and science.

Source(s): My dad was a Freemason and Catholic.

After all these crazy answers - half yes and half no, you'll have to make your own decision as to what you believe. But I don't think the Freemasons are a satanic organization. They are just older than dirt (they've been around since the Middle Ages) and secretive and they keep to themselves. They are a very wealthy and generous organization, giving thousands and thousands of dollars to their town governments for schools and hospitals, etc. Would Satanists do that? No. Yes, they are quiet & hush hush about their beliefs, but satanic? Nope.

NO.

anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying or ignorant of what freemasonry really is.

to some others:

* mason and freemason is used interchangeably, the fraternity grew out of the operative craft.

* "the arrivals" is worthless and full of lies

* freemasonry is not a cult

* chick is an idiot... i hate to use words like that, but in this case its true... go to masonicinfo.com and search for his stuff, you'll see.

* gorrilaw is just confused

* mesquite ---- i won't even bother with your irrational logic... there is nothing satanic in any element of freemasonry, period.

* peter --- and your answer has what to do with answering this question????

Such accusations seem to be based almost entirely on Albert Pike's "Lucifer" passage in "Morals & Dogma." In this passage he was equating Lucifer with Venus, but not Satan.

Other than that, the accusations are mostly guilt by association.

Don't listen to the Satanic nonsense. The Masons are a fraternal organization akin to the Elks and the Rotary. Yes, they have secret handshakes and such, but so do the Knights of Pythias and every fraternity on every college campus! My grandfather, who was Jewish, was a Mason and he was no more Satanic than you are! Paranoia is a very ugly thing!

Freemasonry is a fraternity, not a religion.

They do have secret stuff but that is why it is a secret society.

Satanic? LOL sorry no

"Masons" are professional stone cutters. You mean Freemasons? No.

First of all, they are a lodge, not a religion. And their members include people of all different kinds of religions. They are as much of a "Satanic organization" as the Elks lodge, a college fraternity, or the 4H Club.

There are lots of bogus conspiracy theories out there, and they're just that: bogus conspiracy theories. It's just a bunch of unfounded urban legends. A lot of them were propagated by disgruntled ex-members. You can most likely FIND to a Masonic lodge chapter in your home town, go there, and see for yourself.

It's true that lodges often have members-only secrets, but trust me, you'd be sorely disappointed if you found out what they were. They're things like "This is our secret handshake" or "The lion in our crest represents the strength of brotherhood", etc. The point in these is simply to add to the ceremonial experience. Humans simply like ceremonies and symbols, with or without a religious context.

The Masons are an oathbound organization. If you want to find out the true answer to your question, you have to become one and take the oath.

But based on Masons I've known and what they have shared with me (erroneously believing that since we both took oaths (for different groups) telling me their oathbound mysteries wasn't oathbreaking (WHAT?!?!?!) I'd say no.

• Peter

All oaths should be made to G-d.

"Bless the Lord who keepeth covenat and showeth mercy to those that walk before thee"

Unto the immortal and invisble and only wise G-d be glory and honour forever"

"Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no man cometh to the Father but through me"

Jesus said, "for I and the Father are one.."

For in the beginning was the word and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us filled with grace and truth"

Source(s): Sadly a plurality of G-d can defile, captive good men and women from teh true and living G-d. Praise the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord. May the Lord sabv those from all faiths that are not of G-d aAlmighty. May he draw all men unto himself through Jesus Cjhrist as we lift upo the name of Jesus Christ, Our righteous redeemer and Lord. "For I now my my redeemer lives and I will stand with him all of my days"

No they are not. They are intelligent men that keep their "knowledge" to themselves.