promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do illegal immigrants have right to their american-born children?

I had a baby with an illegal immigrant (obviously not planned, bad judgement).

he is irresponsible, we are no longer together, but he wants to be able to see his child.

he is welcome to come to my home and visit, but he wants to be able to take our child back to his house to watch him with his new girlfriend.

what are the laws in my favor?

he drives illegally without a drivers license.

he'd be an endangerment to my child.

he could take off with my son and I'd never see him ever again.

his name is unfortunately on the birth certificate.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Hugo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you think that he might take your child and disappear then you must have reasons to suspect that he would. If that's really is the case then before he disappears with your child you need to take proactive measures. The best defense is a good offense. It's either that or watch your child disappear. If he takes your son to another country-forget ever seeing him again.

Refuse to let him see his child and then see if he has the nads to sue for his parental rights in court. You didn't mention if he pays child support or not. If he's not ponying up, then you shouldn't let him take your child anywhere.

Also, the next time you're near his car, break his tail light. Hopefully he won't notice that it's broken before he drives down the street. The cops pull him over, he doesn't have ID, he's screwed.

Move to another state.

Call ICE.

If you really fear for your son, it's better to be safe than sorry.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, he is illegal and call ICE so he can be deported.

Never give your child to him. If he rally cared, he would have not impregnated you because he knows he really cannot care for a child in his status. Tell your child he will never see his father. That is life!

You may pay a penalty because you had full knowledge of an illegal immigrant.

Source(s): Law and a father who was there and still is for his child
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes. Parental rights don't generally rely on citizenship status. The fact that he is illegal may keep him from seeking formal visitation or custody. If you want a formal agreement where you might be able to ask that all visitation away from your home be supervised, you should go to court. This will also spark a claim for child support.

I think you can make a good case for not letting him take the child alone just yet.

• bg
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Take him to court as unfit father, ask for restrictions and change name of the child. What is the purpose for a child to have such a father. If one day you meet a someone, you want to be a normal and functional family.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If he's an illegal immigrant I'm sure if when you take him to court they will definitely acknowledge that fact and probably deport him.

Keep your son away from him. The last thing you want is for him to flee the country.

Take him to court. Get him deported.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In fact, when a child is born to an illegal aliens, or a couple that is illegal, the child's citizenship follows the mother, or the parents. If father and mother do not have the same citizenship, the child assumes the mothers citizenship until that time that the child chooses to take his fathers citizenship.

14th Amendment and it is the law.

http://www.14thamendment.us/index.html

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

don't let him go. he is illegal and no drivers license. there fore he does not know how to drive.

• 1 decade ago

You were not married. The ONLY rights he has are those the court grants him after you've had a custody hearing.

Never let this guy be alone with your kid.

• 1 decade ago

If the only problem you have is that of him driving, why don't you drive the baby there and have him pay for gas?

• 1 decade ago

CALL ICE !!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.