If you were a Dog what kind of dog would you be?

I would be want to be a Golden Retriever but living here among abused dogs I would have to be a Pit Bull.

• Lark
    Favorite Answer

Aw, the thought of abused dogs just collapses my heart.

I'd like to be like my Golden Retriever, Bowie, who is incredibly sweet, energetic, inquisitive, loyal, happy, adventuresome and empathetic, and an absolutely beautiful joy. He can sense when someone isn't feeling well, and will sidle up alongside them and gently nuzzle his head against their arm. I volunteer at a literacy clinic for children from underprivileged homes, and recently started bringing Bowie in with me as my "assistant." A lot of the kids are too self-conscious to want to read in front of one another, and they often get bored just sitting in a room reading one of the volunteers, so instead, they read to Bow. He sits there patiently and attentively and never interrupts them, and he's had a very genuine impact on their reading abilities. The kids want to spend time with him, so it keeps them motivated to keep coming back every Saturday. If Bowie was a person, he would be a charismatic, charming, and effective leader. Most Goldens have this awesome, golden nature, so that's the kind I'd want to be like.

~ Pax / Peace : )

• Diana

I don't have my dogs any more, but I used to have 3, and one died. One was Calypso. I'm not sure what breed he was but I'm pretty sure he was a mutt terrier. I didn't have him for long before he died, since he ate something bad. My second dog was named Max and he was a bichon frise. I have him for about two years until we had to give him away because we were moving to a new state in an apartment that did not allow dogs. Max was really energetic and he was such a sweet dog that could roam the yard free with supervision of course. He used to wait for me outside of my school for when I came out for the day and it was really cute. He practically trained himself in a way and he was a very intelligent dog. I love him. My third dog I got recently, and my mother gave her to a friend when she was about 2 months old or so. Her name was Chloe and she was a husky/golden ret mix, very playful but she used to bite really hard.

• I have several dogs for companions since I was a child. The one that I related most to was a Golden named Yairi. He was happy all of the time, very loyal, intelligent, full of life and full of love. He was also full of mischief. He used to go with me just about everywhere and we were best friends.

If I were a dog, I would like to be just like him. To be fair, though, I'd probably be a mutt.

I've had several dogs before and they were all good dogs...

But I knew a Dachshund once and he was a special friend.

His name was Huckey and he could close a door.

I burried him after he crawled on a chaise-lounge and went the way of the great white buffalo...

Yes,definitely,I would want to be a weener dog!

WOOF!!

Pit

• flip

Probably a Rottweiler. They look all fierce but very loving, loyal,

strong willed, protective, playful, daggy and into everything. We have a re-homed rotti - best dog ever.

A dog that is content with its life. I could care less about the details.

Hot, with mustard and short lived

Black Labrador. Big, tough, lovable, paws the size of bowlingballs...

mastiff

just an awsome dog all around