What do you think of tap dancing?

How do you feel about tap dancing in general? Do you think of those ugly shiny black tap shoes or of Gene Kelly? Do you respect it or is it just something losers do for a good time?

Favorite Answer

tap is so cool cause you get to create different sounds using your feet and the floor and its cool to know that thats all you need to make sounds/music. its like being a drummer however with out a drum set. i love tap its one of my favorite styes ad ive been doing it for 11 years and havce loved every minute of it

oh and yeah not all tap shoes are shiny. i have actualy ever see a shiny pair unless it was in a movie or something and even then its rare. mainly old movies cause it was the style back then..

Source(s): dancer for 15 years, tapper for 11 years

I love tap! I've been dancing for about 12 years. I do many different dance styles (ballet, hip-hop, pointe, tap, etc.). Tap has always been one of my favorites. And the shoes aren't all shiny, lol. I rarely see those. Mainly in movies, I suppose. Mine are black slip ons and they are the same material as jazz shoes (leather-ish). There are so many different styles of tap. I love it. So I'd say I respect it. Dance is a very respectable sport. It's also really fun. :) (I sometimes even tap dance randomly in my normal street shoes, lol.)

btw- (I like the movie 'Singing In the Rain' too. lol.)

~Marisa

tap is cool im thinking about getting into a tap class now ;)

i tap dance , its quite fun knowing you can make different sounds with your feet , bit of metal and woood floor , alot of people say i'm like a little drum haha , its an amzing feeling - you have the power of controlling what it feels like . DEFFO RECCOMENDED !

Source(s): tap danced for 10 years :0 x

Yeah, its great.

I did it for 5 years until I got into jazz dance.

=)

i love tap! been doing it for 9 years its so much fun!!!!!