Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

How do I bring legal charges against Verizonwireless?

I paid a bill on the 22nd of April. It was a ONE time authorization for them to withdraw the amount of money which I had authorized. They were NOT authorized to dip into my bank account after that. So today they withdrew money from my bank. Unauthorized. I filed a legal affidavit to get my money back. However, I have been scammed by this company of bandits and crooks, and now I am ready to but heads with these ******* *** holes. What kind of attorney do I speak with, and if you have any numbers to any legal reps please post them. I'm at a loss as to who to call.

3 Answers

  • KevinM
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your best course of action would be to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and contact their support team asking for (what do you want them to do?). In your contact with Verizon support, say that you'll be copying the FCC regulatory arm with your complaint in five business days if this is not resolved to your satisfaction.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    The term "Charges" refers to a criminal action, which you as an individual cannot bring. If you believe that their action was a deliberate attempt to defraud you, then you can report them to the police. If the police agree that there's a case, then they will forward the complaint to the DA. Decisions as to whether or not to bring charges are entirely up to him.

    If they improperly took money out of your account then you can sue them for your damages. You don't need a lawyer - you can do that in small claims court where lawyers are not needed (and in many States aren't even allowed)

    The amount you can sue for is the amount you are actually out, plus your court costs and service fees.

    If you owed them $200 and they withdrew $300 then you can sue for the $100 they shouldn't have taken out. If you owed them $300 and they took $300 then you haven't lost anything, and have no grounds for a suit, unless you had demonstrable incidental damages.

    This means, for example, that by taking the money out of your account without your permission, they caused your account to drop to a level that meant that other checks you had written bounced, or you incurred a late fee because you couldn't pay another bill since they had taken the money.


    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It depends on the amount of money and the state. If it's less than 7,500, you'd need to sue in small claims court and you wouldn't be allowed to have an attorney. If it's more, you can hire an attorney and have them do everything for you.

    You'd need to go to the civil division and speak to a clerk. They can direct you. Most civil divisions have legal aides to help the public.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.