Should Mississippi change their flag?

Their flag contains a confederate symbol, and that was during really racist times. how could people stand to live in a state that still symbolizes racism? do you agree or disagree that mississippi should change their flag?

Favorite Answer

No, they should not. A Confederate Symbol has nothing to do with Racism. It is a symbol against Northern Oppression.

I fly a Confederate Flag and an American Flag at my house. The American Flag for the country I love and served proudly for and the Confederate Flag for what this country could have been if Abe Lincoln had not suspended Habeas Corpus and waged an Illegal War that killed over 600,000 Americans.

Live and Learn.

I believe SC should be able to fly the Confederate Flag over the State Capitol Building again.

BTW, Ulysses S. Grant owned Slaves, Robert E. Lee did not.

The Civil War wasn't fought completely over slavery, it was even more so about state's rights to make their own laws.

The Confederacy does not 'stand' for racism, and this is a very common misconception.

The flag symbolizes the culture and history of the south, and though I disagree with the south's position on slavery, I do agree with their argument that the people of the STATES should decide their laws, not the people of Washington.

No, I'am not a racist.

No, I do not support slavery.

Source(s): I'am a Native American born and raised in the north.
    • ?5 years agoReport

well said

No it a southern state and the two black and whites fought below the southern go and died. What make the accomplice flag seem racist is the racist communities like the KKK and different racist team use to for hate. There are extra advantageous concern in mississippi that would desire to be dealt with then a flag so I say to all enable extra on it dont particularly matter variety

No. I live here and am more concerned with how we can better educate our citizens than I am about the flag. What's more important? High infant mortality rates? Teen pregnancy? Obesity? Heart disease? Poverty? Unemployment? A flag? Which do you think is a more important battle to fight? Thanks for your concern for our well-being.