Where did 420 come from?

So I have heard that 420 is the time people light up after school, i have heard it is the police code for possession of pot, and i know it is hitler's birthday, so where did it come from?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What I saw in a documentary, for what that's worth, is that a gang in L.A. in the 70's called The Waldos used to meet at 4:20 to smoke, simply because that was 20 minutes after they got out of school at 4. Anyone who says it's a police code is just plain wrong, it's not a code for anything,

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Up and around the Jersey area there was school which was home to a notorious group of kids who were major potheads, and everyday after school and on weekends they would get together at 4:20 and blaze.

It is now essenitial to go out after school April 20, at 4:20 and get baked out of your mind.

It was Hitler's Birthday however it is not the police code for posession of Marijuana because all Police codes start with a letter and then 3 numbers.

Hope this Helps...

10 days later

Source(s): Common Pothead knowledge...
  • Joan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Some say that 420 originated from a police code that announces marijuana use is taking place.but that was found later on not to be true.... Yet another story is that a group of guys (Waldo's) in the 1970's made 4:20 their official meeting time to smoke marijuana after school.April 20th (4/20). also on 4/20 time for to plant before the summer.... Today, April 20th events are international, and 4:20 pm has become sort of a world wide "burn time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

419 + 1

Source(s): its just another number
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Its just the name of the section, like section 420 in this law blah blah... they probably blaze at 420 because thats the law code.

• 1 decade ago

indian penal code 420 referred to cheating. extension police code.

• 1 decade ago

This should help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.