Did anyone else get an e-mail from Yahoo mail?

I got an e-mail from Yahoo upgrade administrator asking me to fill out a form with my email address, password etc., saying they r making space for more e-mail accounts. Did anyone else get this and what did u do about it?

• Favorite Answer

Oh heavens dont EVER fall for that. You will be sorry. Delete it ASAP

Yahoo would never ask for your email and password. THEY HAVE IT!

• Mag

No I didn't get this e mail and it is surly a primitive way from an amateur Hacker to have your password.

Be aware that yahoo (as an E mail provider) is committed by law to keep and save all the users data (whatever it is correct or not ) and back it up.

From another hand every time we log in yahoo, we send ( through the log form ) to yahoo data base our PW and e mail address which captured and compared with the data which yahoo has and under his control.

If for whatever reason yahoo has lost this data (your e mail and password), you will not be able to log in P&S and post this question :-)

Be save

• Joan

I just posted a Q about that in another category and here's the answer I'm getting from everyone: it's a glitch and Yahoo is working on it. This is just for Yahoo Answers notifications. All other emails are going through.

• Joshua

Sounds like some kind of scam to me Nora. I'd delete that E-mail if I were you.

Yahoo has a record of your user name and password this is a scam.

Don't open any thing like this and report it to yahoo.

got an error message from yahoo. tried to respond but yahoo does not respond nor can you find an 800 number.

• BOBBY5 years agoReport

does yahoo have a phone

Nope, but by your description of this email. For one thing. Yahoo will never ask you for that info. It's your spam, so block the tosser and report them stat!!!

Source(s): Common sense...?

I got one too and decided it was a scam or hacker, threatened me that in two weeks my account would be deleted if I didn't respond. That was three weeks ago :)

NO WAY!!!!

Don't EVER give out your password!

It's a scam. I would even report them to Yahoo.

you delete it. Why do people still fall for that crap? I don't know, it seems like it would be common sense not to even give it a second thought.