trying to buy furniture but looking for good quality?

i'm looking to buy new furniture for my apartment i just want to go to stores that has good quality but it's not crazy expensive i live in northern california so if anyone has ideas i would appreciate it?

Favorite Answer

avoid Ashley Furniture... their stuff is crap!

Most furniture is over priced for what you get. Which is why my wife and I opted to put money into a shop so I could build our own. But I don't think you are in that position.

If you plan on staying put and will take it with you when you move then I'd look for sales at Macy's for sofas and chairs. For tables I'd check out IKEA etc. Look for solid wood (plywood is ok but not particle or MDF). Another place to look is Ethan Allen when they have sales as you can get a break on high end goods. And you can find some things at COSTCO. Look for well made joints etc. Expect to pay a little more but quality will last.

The other option is to look in second hand stores, sometimes you can find an older quality piece. Watch out for antique stores if you don't know antiques as you can get taken.

Good luck.

Source(s): TLD's live

I recently bought a ready to assemble couch from homereserve.com. Couches are $399 and $57 shipping. There's a 5 year guarantee and a large selection of premium fabrics. The couch is really nice looking and comfortable. There are a lot of extras that go with this furniture company so visit the website to see if it's what you might like. One of the many things that I like about it is that it's made in the USA.

Source(s): homereserve.com

I got my couches at Big Lots (I live in Oklahoma so I am not sure if you have Big Liots there). They are really nice microfiber and were only about 300 dollars each.

Also I would go to a dents and dings room of a nice furniture store. They have great deals

North Carolina furniture outlets

Yard sells on weekends Flea Markets on weekends Newspaper For Sell ads Craigslist Ebay Try these. Good luck to your family.

1

Source(s): Cheap Product Wholesale http://WholesaleDirectories.latis.info/?786w

If you are open to online shopping, I would recommend http://www.homelement.com/. They have a large selection of furniture at a range of prices. I am sure you will find something to accommodate both your taste and your budget.

Walmart does excellent furniture, it's really expensive though. I saved up $140 for a sofa but it was so worth it. Hot pink with zebra stripes-all my friends were so jealous! Now my tv room looks so classy and luxurious.

IKEA has great furniture, especially cabinets, tables dressers. Couches not as good. There's one near Sacramento if you can make the trip.

well what i always do when i have no $ is go to the nearest ikea and take the stuff from the tash.

that reminds me one tim i found half a pizza that lookes like it was almost untouched.

that was a good day.

oh BTW if you happen to find any used socks could you let me know thanks.