It supports ECC and registered memory.
• Memory modules should be installed in pairs of matched size, speed, and rank (1R is single rank and 2R is dual rank). See the label on the memory module to determine its size, speed rank, and organization. Be sure that your memory module labels match.
Memory modules can be single rank (1R) or dual rank (2R) and should be installed in the following order:
• The highest rank memory module in DIMM_1 and DIMM_2
• Equal or lower rank memory modules in DIMM_3 and DIMM_4
• Single rank (1R) memory modules in DIMM_5 and DIMM_6
• If only two memory modules are installed, they must be installed in DIMM_1 and DIMM_2.
These connectors are located on the outside edge of the board.
• Memory modules should be installed in the following order: connectors DIMM_1 and DIMM_2, DIMM_3 and DIMM_4, and then DIMM_5 and DIMM_6.
If dual-rank modules are installed in DIMM_3 and DIMM_4, then DIMM_5 and DIMM_6 cannot be used.
• Dual-rank memory modules are not supported in DIMM_5 and DIMM_6.
NOTE: Memory purchased from Dell is covered under your computer warranty.
NOTICE: If you remove your original memory modules from the computer during a memory upgrade, keep them separate from any new modules that you may have, even if you purchased the new modules from Dell. If possible, do not pair an original memory module with a new memory module. Otherwise, your computer may not start properly. You should install your original memory modules in pairs in connectors DIMM_1 and DIMM_2, connectors DIMM_3 and DIMM_4, and then DIMM_5 and DIMM_6.
NOTICE: If you install more than 4 GB of memory, you must also install a fan to cool the computer. If you do not install a fan, you will get an error message stating that you must install a fan or remove some of the memory.
Workstation/PowerEdge Single-Rank PC2-3200 ECC Reg Memory Module (p/n A0455464)
· 1 decade ago