what natural precautions, if any, are you taking against the swine flu?

Things like vitamins and herbal supplements, exercise and avoiding stress. Avoiding spluttering bug-spreaders.

Of course it may be more Mr Punyverse than Heavy-weight thumper

Herbs : echinacea is supposed to provide protection against viruses if one takes it before infection. Garlic also is anti-viral but stinks.

@tigerlily - hope that was a reputable supplier. Sometimes they sell junk stuff to make a quick bob.

Best Answer

Taking multivitamins plus beroccas (vitamin c drink i think!) washing my hands so much i think i might actually have ocd i wash them so much trying to stay as far away as possible from the guy in my regi class who lives round the corner from the people who have it in falkirk!

asking anybody who splutters near me to either go away or stop coughing/sneezing! oh and stayin away from mexico!

the way i've been brought up is to cover my mouth when coughing and sneezing and then washing my hands so i'll just make sure i wash my hands extra well after

avoiding crowded places and places were someone has it!

Source(s): my instincts!
  • Lainey

Mostly avoiding large crowds of people! ( I've been really sick recently, so I already know my resistance is down) Other than that, good hand washing, I carry the spray alcohol hand sanitizer in my purse, eating healthy, and trying to get enough sleep, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. It's common sense really, same things you would do in any cold/flu season.

Supplements won't help, if you come into contact with it you're going to get quite simply.

Me, I'm just avoiding going to events with loads of people, you don't wanna get sneezed on or eat food that's been handled by someone with swine flu. Oh and don't go to Mexico!

There's also the option of wearing a face mask, not 100% effective but it can reduce the risk.

NO All you can do is Wash Your Hands and Avoid Contact with Sick People and Wearing Protective Masks May help.

This could all turn out like The Stand where that virus wipes out the world's population and leaves only a few survivors left, with a battle between good and evil. It's a good film that is, if you got a spare 6 hours to watch it. :-)

I'm just avoiding Mexico

Edit: Tigerlily: There wont be any stocks left if people are buying them all up for no reason!

You can get enough sleep, hand washing, avoid being around sick people, shelter in your house if you have a community outbreak, do not panic, use common sense

• Slug

im doing nothing different.

i havent taken antibiotics in about 10 years and i dont go ott on the disinfecting anyway so my immune system is pretty sound.

though i might have swine flu! im coming out in rashes

What my parents did drag me up to do. Cover my mouth when coughing and sneezing and washing my hands after.

Seems pretty natural to me ;)

• G F

none, just be sensible wash hands and avoid crowded places that's all i am doing