Did Obama really say this?

**I DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THIS! I JUST SAM IT ON A BULLETIN ON MYSPACE AND WAS CURIOUS IF IT WAS TRUE!!**

FOLLOWING IS OBAMA'S RESPONSE WHEN HE WAS CALLED FOR HIS DECISION ON WOUNDED VETERANS MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES....SEND THIS TO EVERYONE TO SHOW JUST WHAT THE NEW COMMANDER IN CHIEF THINKS OF OUR MILITARY WHO GET INJURED PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM!!!

Obama's decree that would force veterans' to pay the medical bills for their combat bad press, including mockery by comedian Jon Stewart. Obama's proclamation would have required veterans' to pay the estimated $540 million annual cost for the treatment of injuries incurred during their tours on active duty.

The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his

proposal. "Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made

these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they

whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It just doesn't compute."

"I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama

continued. "I wasn't asking for blood-just money. With the country facing the

worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do

would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the

selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Can you believe that!? This is despicable, since it is voiced by our own President. Where is his sacrifice! I know that he looks down on national defense and the military. Apparently he feels that anyone in the United States military service has volunteered to have their marrow sucked dry. It is clear President Barack Obama has no idea what constitutes a Patriot.

Semper Fi,

'Doc' Jeffrey Levine

Here are my thoughts on this.....

Yes we have a all volunteer force but does this mean that when someone sacrifices for there country they shouldnt be taken care of? Absolutely not!!! This is part of the reason we have a all volunteer force is because of the benefits of being in the military. We already pay for our health care its not free like some of you may think. Also we have the worlds crappiest healthcare in the world. Have you been in a military clinic? Then shut your mouth. I almost died under military health care so I have been there done that got the tshirt. I hate our health care. Oh also Obama is the one who put us in this mess so he can stop complaining as well that jerk off.

SAW* my bad lol

• Janice
    Favorite Answer

Yes, The Obama said that.

Thank you and and your family for your service and sacrifice.

Those quotes attributed to Obama are not sourced, dated or verified... someone takes the time to write a argument but they won't take the extra time to verify quotes. That always looks suspicios.

This is fiction.... but to be fair Obama did propose private insurances (for soldiers --mostly reservists-- who have that) sharing the price of some medical services and Stewart did ridicule him on this point. But the quotes are creative writing and undercuts the argument... I can't trust the argument or opinion if the writer lies to make his points. I throw crap (even if I agree with the principle) like that away in a instant if they don't source direct quotes and/or data. Anyone can write anything and attribute ayithing to anyone... but that doesn't make it true if I can't find a lead to other independent credible sources to back it. Anyone who has written a high school paper has had to use sources... the writer of your email is very aware of why he did not source his quotes and that should tell you something.

I don't believe Obama is saying that we should just leave our wounded veterans without care. He was speaking of un-related to war health problems. Maybe you can figure it out at:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/veteranshealt...

I think he is referring to veterans utilizing the new health care system for normal medical needs.

In any way, I do believe that he cares a hell of a lot more about our fighting forces than Bush did.

Source(s): That's right, red hot remembers what was said. What do you mean "Obama put us in this mess"? I don't know why I keep defending these false accusations. If a Republican said it, it's probably a lie.
  • Paul

I have heard all my life from these *arm chair generals* on their viewpoints

on our military~and yet they have but to spend one day of their pathetic life

defending our country.

I heard people talk about veterans that have gave their lives and lost

not only their life but their families and all resemblance of any kind of

normal life~these brave men and women are always the first to go and

the first to be forgotten>Shame on this kind of treatment to the VETS

Obama never said anything remotely like that. There was a proposal that would have required military veteran's private insurance to assume some of the costs. It was shelved. Obama has never indicated anything other than a deep respect and admiration for the military. Veteran's groups have praised his efforts to increase funding for the VA. His choice of retired General Eric Shinseki as Secretary of Veterans Affairs has met with almost universal approval.

I looked it up at snopes and they said it was a mixture. He didn't say those words, but he did float around the idea of the plan back in March.

Even tho' it does sound like something stupid this president would say.. I have to admit.. I don't think he said it.

He might think it.. but he is too smart to say it!

No he never said anything like that.

Pants on fire... You should never lie...

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

That is number 9 by the way... You just broke it...

Looks like someone is going to hell....

• Sarah

No, he didn't say that.

Obama, for the first time in 16 years, is fully funding the VA.

I'm not sure he is quoted correctly, I would like to think that even though I disagree with almost all his policies, that he isn't that cold or ignorant.