Who should get a longer prison sentence - Madoff or Markoff?

Madoff swindled 50 billion dollars out of thousands of people, charities, businesses. He destroyed their lives and/or life's work.

Markoff - Craigslist killer. Murdered a woman in cold blood, and stole maybe a few thousand dollars.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Put both of them in the same cell, and let them out only to make license plates or to somehow otherwise improve our world... from the inside of a maximum security prison... They should work for their keep, and to pay back the people for the cost of their investigations and prosecutions... at least! If one has to be let out to let another dangerous felon in, then it should be the non-murderer... but he should still have to do a billion hours of community service on the outside.

• 1 decade ago

Madoff because he harmed more people. He is responsible for some deaths, I believe. Madoff is more psychological.

There are 2 systems of justice in this country. White collar crime vs. Blue collar crime - Those that can pay vs. Those that cannot

The system is not fair.

Markoff - he's a bad guy but he didn't kill or hurt as many people as Madoff did.

• 1 decade ago

In my mind, Madoff should get life. But I think Markoff should get the needle.

• 1 decade ago

Markoff - as they actually killed someone

losing a life is worse than having no money

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

madoff

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

neither

• 1 decade ago

Jackoff...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.