Co-Sleeping Not Approved?

My daughter's pediatrician knows that we co-sleep. He's never said anything other than the AAP recommends babies sleeping on their backs alone in a crib. Yesterday at her 6 month check-up he asked me if we are still co-sleeping. I said yes. He went on a huge rant about how awful co-sleeping is, gave me a... show more My daughter's pediatrician knows that we co-sleep. He's never said anything other than the AAP recommends babies sleeping on their backs alone in a crib. Yesterday at her 6 month check-up he asked me if we are still co-sleeping. I said yes. He went on a huge rant about how awful co-sleeping is, gave me a bunch of stats about deaths and said that co-sleeping causes more deaths than SIDS. He also said that two of his patients died recently while co-sleeping. I'm very confused. What do you all suggest. Is it really that awful to co-sleep? If it isn't good to co-sleep, how do I transition her to her crib without causing her too much grief?
Update: Suggestions other than the CIO method please and thank you