Is it possible that the swine flu scare is just to clear stock of Tamiflu?

Is it part of the conspiracy to keep the world living in fear and dependency, or is swine flu a real threat? Here's an article from "What Doctors Don't Tell You". Something to think about anyway...

Swine flu alert clears old stock of Tamiflu

30 April 2009

It is almost three years since we faced the hysteria of an avian flu epidemic, when governments bought billions of dollars of Tamiflu – the same anti-viral now being promoted to combat a supposed swine flu pandemic. The shelf life of Tamiflu also happens to be three years.

The World Health Organization has, at the time of writing, increased its threat level to five, which means governments can activate their pandemic plans – and start handing out Tamiflu drugs.

This is extremely convenient for governments that would have very soon have to dispose of billions of dollars of Tamiflu stock, which they bought to counter avian flu, or H5N1. The US government ordered 20 million doses, costing $2bn, in October, 2005, and around that time the UK government ordered 14.6 million doses. Tamiflu’s manufacturer, Roche, has confirmed that the shelf life of its anti-viral is three years.

England’s chief medical officer Sir Liam Donaldson has said that the UK is “well prepared” to counter swine flu – but only because it was well prepared to counter an avian flu pandemic that never happened.

The other worry is when, or if, medicine comes up with a specific anti-viral for swine flu. The last time they did – when we had the last swine flu scare in 1976 - health officials rushed through a vaccination programme that resulted in 1 out of 100,000 vaccinated Americans developing Guillain-Barre paralysis. The US government paid out $93 million in compensation.

Those of us who quaked in fear from the expected SARS epidemic and shook from the anticipated avian flu pandemic may feel they’ve been here before. Despite the dire warnings, at the time of writing just 2,600 cases of swine flu have been confirmed or suspected around the world , and there have been 160 deaths, and not all of these may turn out to be caused by swine flu. More people die on UK roads every month.

Meanwhile, while we’re blaming the Mexicans for starting the anticipated global pandemic of swine flu, who are the Mexicans blaming?

Several of their newspapers are pointing the finger at local plants of Smithfield Foods, the world’s largest pork packer and hog producer. Mexican journalists report on concerns from locals in Perote, Santa Cruz, Mexico – where the outbreak was believed to have started – that the pig breeding farm polluted the atmosphere and local water supplies.

A municipal health official seems to support the locals’ concerns, and says the outbreak may have been started by flies that reproduced in the pig waste.

Best Answer

I think this is something that is supposed to take our minds off the economic "crisis" and give us something else to worry about. I also think it's a way to get more money pumped into the economy when people start freaking out and stocking up on vitamins, paying for doctor visits and buying medicines.

Do I think the Swine Flu exists? yes

Do I think it is being overexaggerated? yes

Please don't be afraid of Mexican classmates. That isn't good. I lived next door to extremely nice Muslim neighbors for about 15 years. After the terrorist attack at the Pentagon, I was defensive for my neighbors and very protective for them. It is people in Mexico who have bad cases of the Swine flu. Your class mates probably don't even know any of the people affected by the swine flu. The important thing to do, is to eat healthy, exercise, practice good hygiene, and wash your hands with soap and water. Your school will probably have many assemblies concerning the swine flu and also to alert students that their class mates shouldn't be shunned. Treat your classmates as you would want them to treat you. They are just as scared as you. They also have the additional burden of being Mexican where the outbreak has been devastating. Hang in there and be kind. By the way, I was the white minority at my school in San Francisco. There were mostly Mexicans, some blacks and some whites. I worked for 33 years for the Federal Government and again, I was the minority. I got along with everyone (except my last supervisor- bleahhhh!)

What a lot of nonsense!!

If the government have already purchased it then, here's an idea, why not just dispose of it! I think the govenments of the world are having bigger problems than whether or not to to discard anti-virus drugs sitting on a shelf. It was bought INCASE there was an avian flu outbreak therefore they knew there was a chance it would not be used.

This is written by someone, probably a freelance journalist, who has desperately looked for a different angle in order to sell his story.

There are many online sources from where you can buy tamiflu. All you need to do is to ensure that your selected source can provide you with original Tamiflu online. This anti-viral drug is available in capsule form in the strength of 75mg and is light greyish in colour. This is the original version of this drug available online.

Tamiflu can be bought from Healthexpress.co.uk after doing an online consultation. The consultation is free of charge and you are not obliged to buy when you do a consultation.

• wmf936

Try this. One of the largest stock holders of the company that makes Tami-flue is, you ready Donald Rumsfield. Fired or let go from Bush administration. He will probably need a lot of funds for lawers foe past crimes. So stock up un flue med's.

You make an exceedingly interesting point !

However you are encouraging the conspiracy theorists out there.

Too much media I say - ignorance can be bliss !!

Interesting perspective. I think it's unlikely, but not beyond the scope of possibilities. Definately gives me something to think about though.

august21

i sincerelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope you are kidding... if you aren't then you are the BIGGEST hippie i have ever heard of

(her answer was hidden due to a low rating check it out it's actually hilarious if she's serious...)

haha thats well funny. love it! but i still think its a biovirus... think about it.bird flu, three kinds of pig flu and human flu to make it infectious human to human. ITS MAN MADE!

They said on CNN this morning that Tamiflu has no effect on this particular strain, so no.