Who will be worse Barack Obama or Jimmy Carter?
I know it is early but BHO is on track to make Jimmy Carter look like a great president.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Jimmy Carter is not only America's worst president, but also the worst ex-president. this clown just won't stop. apart from the early years of the Depression, Carter's brief tenure as president was the worst in the 20th century.
1. he wrecked the world's greatest economy and made a nuclear Iran/ North Korea possible.
2. after being told over and over by Carter that America's ability to influence world events was "very limited," the Soviet Union believed him and invaded Afghanistan... and Al-Qaeda was born.
3. in the name of human rights, he gave rise to one of the worst human rights violators in history, the Ayatollah Khomeini. and now, Khomeini's successor is preparing for nuclear war with Israel and the West.
4. he also kissed Fidel Castro when he trekked to give aid and comfort to that communist thug. no doubt they reminisced about the days when Carter initiated diplomatic relations with Castro's Cuba, looking the other way as thousands of Cuban troops tried to impose Marxist rule in Africa.
5. he cut off aid to El Salvador, which was fighting a communist insurgency, but welcomed the Sandinista takeover of Nicaragua and gave Daniel Ortega's dictatorship more than $90 million in aid.
6. during the Iran Hostage Crisis, his reply was to sit for more than five months before launching a rescue mission that was symbolic of his presidency: the rescue helicopter crashed and burned.
7. the Crude Oil Windfall Profits Tax Act raised far less in revenue (a mere $80 billion rather than the estimated $320 billion) than hoped and had a devastating effect on oil supply and did nothing to diminish OPEC's stranglehold on the U.S.
8. he kept American athletes home from the 1980 Summer Olympics held in Moscow.
9. he gave the Panama Canal away.
10. he began a limited trade embargo against the Soviets, killing the wheat deal, which was intended to increase trade with the USSR and ease Cold War tensions. American farmers and their families who relied on the deal were hurt more than the Soviets whom Carter imagined he was punishing.
11. the Camp David Peace Accords was a joke. even today, Israel and Egypt are the two largest recipients of U.S. foreign aid (between $3-5 billion a year since 1978). despite that, only one of the two nations is our ally. two years after Camp David, Sadat was murdered by Muslim extremists angry at the deal. in Egypt, there are no plaques of remembrance, no great monuments to Sadat, only anger and bitterness. Israel did return the oil-rich Sinai to Egypt in return for peace.
12. in 2004, he was an official observer to a rigged recall referendum. he swiftly declared it free and fair. Venezuelans cried fraud and chased Carter around Caracas, beating pots and pans. despite this, outside Venezuela, Carter's report was taken by the media as credible, and Chavez's regime used it to bolster its legitimacy.
13. recently, he opens his yap about Israeli nukes, and now Iran has more reason to want nukes too.Source(s): Fair & Balanced
- AnneLv 44 years ago
Jimmy Carter, because he is the Anti-Christ and he will serve a second term in office after the death of President Obama. The angel Gabriel told me in Aug. 1973 that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-chist and that he is going to change his name and divorce his wife! Obama is going to die first and then the Anti-christ who was one of the previous 7 Presidents will take his place! Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. These 7 kings were; 1. Gerald Ford 2. Jimmy Carter 3. Ronald Reagan 4. George H. W. Bush 5. Bill Clinton 6. George W. Bush.... is spoken of in the present tense (and one is) because until Reagan died all 7 were alive! 7. Barack Obama.......and one is yet to come! He will die a few days after he raises taxes! Obama is also in Dan. 11:20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes [in] the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle. Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
- 1 decade ago
I have to say a few things about President Carter because honestly I am getting tired of people like you always putting him down. For one... you do realize that the main reason he is considered by many as a "bad president" was because of what he inherited from the previous Republican administration? Republicans love leaving that part out. Does that ring a familiar bell with you though. I just hope President Obama has better luck then President Carter had in that regard. And people always say about President Carter that he is "a better man then he was President" which is more then can be said for Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford or George W. Bush.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Jimmy Carter would be a little worst them Obama. I hope Obama will follow Carters lead in getting peace to the middle east.
The worst President in History so far has to be Bush Jr and then Bush Sr followed by Reagan and being the worst to every lie to the American people.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Peace WarriorLv 41 decade ago
I hate what Carter did in East Timor, huge crime against humanity
but you do of course realize Carter would have been a 2 term president had the criminal enterprise that was the RayGun administration not cut a deal with Iran to keep Americans hostage until after the election, with a huge gun deal that was middlemanned thru Israel.
If a Democrat ever cut a deal with a country as potentially hostile as Iran, to arm them for keeping Americans hostage, holding Americans hostage in order to win an election...it'd be all Republicans would talk about for the next century.
How's that corporate media working out for the rat filth party
Jimmy Carter ? You've got to be kidding. As lousy a president as Jimmy Carter was if he were a Republican he'd have been your best president of the last 100 years +
- February1Lv 61 decade ago
I wonder why the Right are still obsessing over Carter. He was the president 30 years ago. This from people who think we shouldn't MENTION GW Bush.
What's up with that? You realize Carter was elected because Nixon was run out office with pitchforks?
- 1 decade ago
Jimmy Carter created habitat for humanity
Bush junior is ON VACATION!!!!!
You friggen repukes are fer sh*t
- JimLv 75 years ago
Jimmy Carter is thee Antichrist!
He's thee Anti-Christ aka Dajjal.
It says that Obama is the 7th king who will die just before the Anti-Christ who was one of the previous 7 kings and will become the 8th king after the death of Obama who will die neither in anger nor in battle!
Jimmy Carter will become the Antichrist aka Dajjal (8th King in Rev. 17) and he will serve another term in office after the death of Obama.
The angel Gabriel told me in Aug. 1973 when i was in Phillipsbrug, Montana that Jimmy Carter will become the Anti-Christ, and that he is going to change his name, and divorce his wife!
Obama is going to die first and then the Anti-Christ aka Dajjal who was one of the previous 7 Presidents will take his place!
Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
All 7 kings were all alive until the death of Ronald Reagan June 5, 2004 when George W. Bush was in office ;
1. Gerald Ford
2. Jimmy Carter
3. Ronald Reagan
4. George H. W. Bush
5. Bill Clinton
6. George W. Bush.... is spoken of in the present tense (and one is) because until Reagan died (June 5, 2004) all 7 were alive!
7. Barack Obama.......and one is yet to come! He will die a few days after he raises taxes!
Obama is also in Dan. 11:20
Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes [in] the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.
Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
- john aLv 61 decade ago
Sounds like a Sean Hannity question. Hannity the guy who went back on his word on waterboarding for charity. Hannity is a whimp.
- WhatmeworryLv 61 decade ago
One thing for sure is no one can be worse than GW Bush..