ok im no fan neither but i don't hate it

Update:

tru fan r so annoyin but i think is a alrite book the movie sucked

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1.Bella is a perfect character (“Mary Sue”), which Meyer hides by calling her clumsy.

2.Being clumsy is not a flaw if Edward always catches her.

3.She can’t do anything without Edward.

4.And when he leaves she attempts to commit suicide.

5.Meyer is living out her own fantasies by writing about Bella, who is clearly herself.

6.The books aren’t well written, just because every other word is a fancy adjective doesn’t make it good writing.

7.All the rules Meyer sets for being a vampire are broken by the end of the series.

8.Not only that, she breaks rules set by more esteemed authors.

9.The world population will come to an end because all girls who read this book will think they are Bella and will wait for their Edward to come until they are old. And he’ll never come.

10.Bella almost dies fifty thousand times, but Edward always saves her. This is boring.

11.Edward is too perfect and has no flaws either. Even vampires should have flaws besides wanting to suck human blood because it’s natural to them.

12.The reason the books became so popular is because Bella has no personality and any loser can put themselves in her shoes.

13.If Bella is so ‘plain’, why do so many guys fall for her within the first two chapters?

14.Bella teaches women to let the man handle everything, which pretty much is a huge step backward for women everywhere, who have fought for equality.

15.Isn’t it convenient that her father always leaves her alone and doesn’t question her? Real parents aren’t that way.

16.Lack of character development.

17.Bella is a useless, whining, doll that suddenly has become the idol for girls everywhere.

18.People say that Twilight is better than Harry Potter. Guess what? WRONG.

19.Edward is extremely possessive, border-line abusive, and boring as anything.

20.It’s too cliché.

21.This book contains no real sex, so it’s not really a vampire novel.

22.Read Anne Rice - those are vampires, not the girly men that Meyer has created.

23.You don’t have to describe the character every two pages, we know all about Edward’s ‘perfectly toned chest’ the fourth time she mentions it.

24.Bella reflects upon herself through the entire novel to tell important plot developments. Hey Meyer, ever heard of "Show, don’t tell"?

25.She never uses the word fangs in the entire book series, and it’s supposedly about vampire.

26.Her vampires sparkle. Enough said.

27.Supposedly Meyer never uses the word ‘said’ in the entire first book, instead using breath.

28.There is too much face touching.

29.It’s predictable, and childish.

30.We read the entire series just to laugh at the stupidity of it.

31.Meyer can’t think of original names. The only original name she used was Rennesme, which is combination of two names and doesn’t count.

32.Vampires can’t get people pregnant. SPOILER!

33.Vampire baseball was just a disgrace.

34.People think Meyer is the best writer ever.

35.The plot drags on forever, when it really could have been completed in two books.

36.Wow, yet another ‘original’ plot of forbidden love.

37.Why is it called the Twilight Series if only one book is titled Twilight?

38.It’s too easy to mock. Go on Youtube, how many mocks on Twilight do you see?

39.They use a drug reference in a book written for ten-year-olds.

40.Stephanie Meyer creates some interesting characters ie: Jasper and Alice. She then ignores them, and gives them no development.

41.Every Other Facebook bumper sticker is about Twilight/Edward. EVERY OTHER ONE.

42.Fangirls are so blinded by their love for Edward that they don’t realize the book is terrible.

43.Stephen King agrees that Stephanie Meyer can’t write ‘worth a darn’.

44.It’s stupid.

45.Bella.

46.Bella is Edward’s beard.

47.Meyer wrote four books about nothing, really.

48.Straight men sparkle?

49.It’s teeming with grammatical errors.

50.Bella Swan means beautiful swan, which is horribly cheesy.

51.Edward Cullen is sparkly; crows like sparkly things.

52.Do any guys actually like Twilight?

53.If the first 200 pages of your book rely on the mystery of a character's identity, don't slap "First, Edward was a vampire" on the back cover.

54.There's far too little actual conflict in the story. But this probably stems from having a flawless main character.

55.They fall in love way too quickly and it seems fake because no one falls in love instantly, especially teenagers.

56.They only love each other because she smells good and he’s hot. There’s no other given reason why.

57.It's just not healthy to teach young girls that True Love involves the guy watching you while you sleep.

58.Edward is HOT. We get it.

59.She had only been in Forks for a month when Edward had been watching her sleep for two months.

60.There’s something disturbing about Carlisle turning only teenagers into vampires.

61.All Twilight fans are insane, proved by several responses to criticism such as…

"What is your name, address and phone number, just so that i can track you down ank kill You with my s

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

1. Twilight's characters are not real vampires; which are human monsters, not pretty lovers. They are to be feared. 2. Twilight made vampires look like anti-heroes, which they are not. 3. Twilight turned vampires into a young girl's fantasy... which would be okay if I hadn't been a young girl when this book came out. 4. Twilight is a very boring book. I couldn't read it. And this was before we got the internet modem installed in my home. So had nothing to do but read. 5. I felt very awkward reading those descriptions about Edward. 6. And lastly, how could you like a book that talks about how beautiful, and strong, etc, a 17-year-old boy is until near the end of the book? If I wanted that, I would've went hunting for it.

• Janie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I don't think they actually hate Twilight itself, but more like all the squealing fangirls and attention it's getting. I mean, they're a little more than kind of annoying, and it's all been blown way out of porportion. It's a book. Nothing more than a book, and not even a super amazingly wonderful book. I think they love the romance and action and mostly the romance (Team Edward, Team Jacob), and probably the connections they feel to the characters.

But the people who hate Twilight most likely are so frustrated with it because of all the annoying write-offs (Vampire Kisses is one that comes to mind), squealing fangirls (OMG EDWARD IS SOOO HAWT! How can you not be annoyed by that...he's fake!), and attention it gets, which in my opinion, is way too much for a book.

Books are fun, and meant to be enjoyed, but people are starting to detest Twilight because of it's fans, and how they've gone overboard with the whole enjoying thing.

Edit: Robin, I loved your answer :D lol you could make that into a book that was hilarious.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tall poppy syndrome. Jealous. Some people hate fads-I was one of them-I refused to read Harry Potter for years because of all the crazy fans...then I caved in, read it, and hated it anyway.

Twilight on the other hand I loved. That girl has spent like, two hours, compiling her list of bad points about it-and most of the 'bad' points are the reason it's so cherished. If I hadn't won tickets to the movies to see the premiere I probably would have avoided it too.

There's no accountiong-or imposing-for taste. I know about 6 people who refused to read Twilight cos of the hype at first and I twisted their arm til they caved and now they're addicted.

I wouldn't worry yourself about it. If you love it, love it. If you don't-don't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think people hate the obsessive fans that come out of Twilight, and therefore, hate the source--Twilight. I personally used to love Twilight, but not so much anymore...ever since it became the talk of every teenage girl. It just got annoying and repetitive--"Edward or Jacob", "OMG, isn't Edward the best?", "Jacob's such a terrible dude. I hate him." I mean, seriously! Everything's just gotten so old! I'm pretty much just sick of it. :|

:)

Robin:

Dude, I have to say that your post is HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing while reading it! Although, I do have to point out number 55--Romeo and Juliet fell in love and killed themselves within about a day's worth of time...Nevertheless, your post = pure genius. lol

• I actually don't know many people that hate twilight. Do you mean the movie or the book? If you mean the movie, most people are disappointed in it compared to the book. If you mean the book, maybe these people just don't like the style of writing or the plot. Simple as that.

• 1 decade ago

You have to read all of the books to judge them and see all of the movies. but the movies are from a different persons perspective so its not going to be like the book. Its what the director sees in the book not stephanie Meyer

• 1 decade ago

Ha ha, I think people secretly like it but they don't want to admit it because there are a million 15 year old girls that are obsessed with it and they don't want to be put into that category. I'm 24 and I really liked the books. But I can see how some people wouldn't like it and I know a bunch of people who are closet Twilight fans.

• ntg
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm reading it finally, and I'm enjoying it more than I thought. The problem is that there are ten million teenage girls acting like it's God's gift to the world of literature. That grates on people's nerves.

• 1 decade ago

because of all the fans screaming omg Edward's so hawt! team Edward! team Jacob! omg Edward's so perfect! will you be my Edward? I love Twilight soo much! Omg Rob Patterson! Omg Taylor Launter!

It's really annoying and it makes people who don't like it hate it because of obsessive fans

Source(s): expeirence like th book, hated the movie, teen fans r sooo annoying
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.