Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Should a ex wife bail out an ex husband for not paying child support?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

NO NO NO NO!!!! This is one of those things that the ex husband will never thank you for. And he will try it all over again later. Never let them off the hook, keep a tab if necessary because things happen, but that money is due to the child, and even if it comes five years from now, it will help with university of something.

Source(s): two ex-husbands, neither of which would offer anything, it had to be court ordered, yet to hear them talk, you'd think they were father of the year nominees.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

• vis
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

NO.. she should not..not if he was the type that never paid a penny..but if he was always on time and good to the children..and he just lost his job then i may consider it, I would bail out my ex because he was all those things and i know he would pay me back..if i ever need anything for our daughter he is more than willing to get them for her.school clothes he got them for her last year when i could not..camera for school project i could not buy it ..he brought it for her 100 bucks and when she broke it got her another one, 2 i pods and a cell phone..etc

• 1 decade ago

If your ex has been paying and now has medical problems,,,like heart attack or cancer,,, then I can see where you might want to be nice,,, but if he is just being a deadbeat then NO,,, If his excuse is that he does not have enough for his current family,,, then its still NO,,, this child was here first and is his responsibility to take care of..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

maybe for the purpose of returning to work,,(so he can make $ to pay the support) and then only under legal contract of repayment.

collateral would also be something to consider.

• Becky
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

absolutely not. wouldn't he be in jail in the first place because of the ex wife?

• 1 decade ago

It depends on why he's there.....I personally would most likely because I'm just that type of person...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree with Bree.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only if she has lost her mind.

• 1 decade ago

ummmmm lets see no duh he should have being paying child support unless he lost his job or got hurt or sick and couldnt work to pay

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.