Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

American Airlines???Swine Flu?

My flight information

MEX (mexico city) To ORD (Ohare)

May 6th at 8:30 Pm

I wanna know if they will possibly waive the fee for rescheduling a flight because There is no way i can get to the air port thanks to this swine flu they cancelled all public transportation to and from mexico city until it is all cleared up.

Update:

my cell wont make outgoing calls outside the us so i cant exactly call them or else i would have

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

from the american airlines website

Mexico Travel Policy

Due to the events in Mexico, American Airlines offers customers the convenience to change their travel plans. Please refer to the sections below regarding date changes, destination changes or information regarding refunds for totally unused tickets to Mexico.

Date changes for the same cities as originally ticketed: One ticketed change is allowed, and no change fee will apply as long as the original booking inventory is available.

If you are traveling to, from or through... On the following dates... And your ticket was issued no later than... You may change your reservation to begin travel between the same cities as ticketed as late as...

Mexico April 25 - May 16, 2009 April 24, 2009 Any time up to the validity rule of the ticket issued.

Contact our Reservations personnel at 1-800-433-7300 within the United States or Canada. If you are calling from outside the United States or Canada, please check our Worldwide Reservations Numbers page for Reservations

Destination changes: If customers would prefer to change their destination, contact our Reservations personnel for any difference in fare and additional details by May 16, 2009, at 1-800-433-7300 within the United States or Canada. If you are calling from outside the United States or Canada, please check our Worldwide Reservations Numbers page for Reservations

Refunds: If customers would prefer not to travel at this time, please contact our Reservations personnel regarding a refund at 1-800-433-7300 within the United States or Canada. If you are calling from outside the United States or Canada, please check our Worldwide Reservations Numbers page for Reservations. Note: Non-refundable fares will be refunded in the form of a travel voucher.

you can call american in mexico at

Mexico* Main Reservations Number

01 800-904-6000

Mexico City

5209-1400

Source(s): aa.com
  • 1 decade ago

Call American Airlines and take care of business. Good Luck!

• 1 decade ago

My guess: No.

But the sooner you call them and ask, the better your chances are.

• 1 decade ago

it came from a pig

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.