Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Spiritually speaking, will Methusaleh's record for longevity ever be broken?

Update:

Hog: Really? By who?

Update 2:

Hey STFU: I'm not sure. Was his name Kris? I've heard he had yet another birthday.

Update 3:

(((Toastie))) Hahaha!

Update 4:

rjy: here on earth.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Methusaleh was 969 years old, the longest physically living man to live on earth recorded in the Bible record. No one will ever live that long again since life spans are much shorter now.

But Elijah and Enoch were "taken" from this earth without dying, therefore you could say that they have physically lived the longest since they are still alive and that they have broken Methusaleh's record.

However, "spiritually" Christians that humans live eternally after their physical body dies, either with God in heaven or eternally seperated from God in hell. Therefore Adam as the first human created would have to have the record for longevity.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Probably not. Methuselahs name can be translated as "his death shall bring" the implication being that his death shall bring the flood that Noah was preparing the ark for. This means that by living as long as he did, God was giving the world an entire 969 years to repent. If you work out the numbers you will find that the same year that Methuselah died, the flood also began. Methuselahs life served as a living marker in time. Also it says in Genesis 6:3 that the days of man shall be up to 120 years. If you interpret the numbers literally no one can live to be older than 120 years old.

• 1 decade ago

It is possible spiritually and scientifically. Methusaleh was not the only patriarch with a really long life and I am pretty sure there were some exagerations there.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely.He lived just under 1,000 years. In the Real Life to come People will never Die * Based on their faithfulness to the Creator- Life everlasting is Promised, so Yes- in every Way.

“No resident will say: ‘I am sick.’” (Isaiah 33:24) “[God] will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”—Revelation 21:4.

There. there.

Source(s): Biblical Truth.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only by the Count of St. Germain.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello??? Larry King.

• 1 decade ago

Where here on earth or in heaven?

• hog b
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It was broken already, in the Bible, check it out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I am shooting for 965...

• 1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.