would this be considered vegan?

i was planning on making a backyard garden, but this triple mix soil has manure in it, would it be bad, as a vegan to use this? do the cows get tortured for their poop too? tell me your opinions, or information on manure that i may not know about, thanks in advance

i didnt mean growing a garden would make me vegan, im just saying would it be against veganism to use cow manure

Favorite Answer

On one hand, it is a byproduct of the cattle industry, like leather, so it "supports" all that the industry is doing. But on the other hand, I'm sure the industry isn't that dependent on it's manure products (lol) as most of its others. I'm not sure if the soil makers actually pay them for it, but I guess not, and if they do, like I said it wouldn't be that much or overall important to them. I wish it could come from a happier place, but if it were me I'd still use it for my garden.

Ideally a vegan wouldn't use it because the manure is probably from the cattle industry where the cows are treated poorly and fed terrible things. I think it would be ok if you got some manure from a small local place that is decent to it's animals.

Honestly though if you already bought it and can't return I would use it because at least it's going to use instead of in the trash.

You could easily buy vegan enriched soil! Obviously it's not vegan. Nobody's 100% though. By purchasing that manure, it may not make much difference, but it would be adding to the demand... Do ya really want that garbage to nourish your veggies?

I was under the impression that Vegans don't use anything that has an animal by-product in it. I would assume that an animal's droppings are considered a by-product. They have alternative bagged soil, though they generally have more chemicals in them, that are still safe for your plants.

I think manure for your vegetables is considered vegan.

Maybe you can even get organic manure or something.

It would be cruel and unnatural for your plants not to have any animal excrement for food! Just a thought, haha

The mature is a byproduct of the cattle industry. No need to fret, though if you have a problem with it, try using mushroom compost (though it stinks to high heavens, but only of a couple of days).

Do you poop? So do cows all the time. We have a cow farm believe me their crap is everywhere. I can assure you our cows aren't tortured, you can have our crap for free

no it would not be vegan. it uses a product obtained from animals

a strict vegetarian who consumes no animal food or dairy products ; also : one who abstains from using animal products (as leather)

technically you would be against veganism but no one is 100% vegan so i think it is alright

lol:D:D:D....sorry...that was funny!!A garden is a garden.....the freshest would be your own without all the chemicals.....Just because you grow your own vegetables doesn't mean your vegan:)