Is This FACT Proof Positive That The Media Is Over-Hyping The Swine Flu, To Freeze Up The Economic Recovery?

Let's start this out with me saying that I do NOT think the media is liberally biased, just the opposite. They are the group that can give YA conservatives a run for their money when it comes to fear and concern mongering, imo. Now, for the proof. The hand wringing and fear/concern mongering over the... show more Let's start this out with me saying that I do NOT think the media is liberally biased, just the opposite. They are the group that can give YA conservatives a run for their money when it comes to fear and concern mongering, imo. Now, for the proof.

The hand wringing and fear/concern mongering over the "swine flu" is rapidly reaching a fever pitch, with both dire warnings and predictions of death blaring over ever radio and tv newscasts, closings of schools, reporting the death of toddler in Texas (and going as long as they xould before they finally started leaking out the info the child was from Mexico, and here seeking treatment.

What makes anyone with more than a few ounces of working gray matter (brains) realize this is fear mongering/hype run amuck is THIS ONE FACT. In the U.S. alone, there are an average of over 36,000 flu related deaths per year in the United States.

Need proof, ok, here you go.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/us_...

Then answer the question presented in the subject line truthfully and objectively, if you can.