Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Who created the easter island statues?

Im doing a science projet on structures and I need to find out some info on the easter Island statues...

Maybe stuff like:

Who created them?

What did they use to make it?

How did they make it?

Thanks so much if you can give me as much info as possible!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I did. I was bored.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the main thing you need to understand is that very little is known about them. many believe that there was once a tribe of humans who made them as tributes to the god they worshiped. these people are believed to have left and sailed to the phillipenes. they used stones and hand to make them but scientists are baffled by how perfect the structure appear to be. the thing i find the most interestion is the fact that they moved these monoliths miles if not more to cover the entire island and that they still move today due to climate changes the island is very unstable and is known to shift ever so slightly once in a while. you dont notice this effect. this is slightly like the moving stones. these are found in dessert across the world. they will move slowly but surely because you can see the trail left in the sand the moisture collected at night in the dessert attaches to the bottom of the rock creating a slimy residue that is so lubricated that hard wind are known to have blon them feet across the ground

• bligen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Easter Island is a volcanic extreme island, consisting specially of three extinct coalesced volcanoes: Terevaka (altitude 507 metres) varieties the vast majority of the island. 2 different volcanoes, Poike and Rano Kau, type the jap and southern headlands and supply the island its sort of triangular shape.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are two myths,

one by island people,

two by aliens.

by why, how, when, and for what is unknown

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.