Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

I'm thinking of joining a fantasy football league?

What's the best way to tell my wife that during football season it would be better if she just wasn't around because I have more important things to deal with than meeting the needs of her and our daughter?

Favorite Answer

Just use reverse psychology and tell her that you are joining it for HER benefit so that she will have more spare time to spend with her boyfriend.

That's what I always do. My husband's girlfriend is now pregnant. I'm so excited!!

your wife and daughter should come first. They are not fantasy. Don't join a fantasy football league. you will become an NFL whore and you will root for players on teams you don't like and you will end up rooting against players on your favorite team. In the end you will be single and you will lose interest in football.

Tell her it's "investing" or some other nonsense. You really only need time on Sunday anyway. That's why fantasy football is so popular. It requires a 1/10 the time that baseball does.

If it's English football, can my husband come along? He has the damned thing on the telly all day long! But being a good red-blooded Canadian he also has his hockey and the playoffs are on....

You don't tell her. Do your research and draft wisely. $10 for Stat tracker so you get instant scores.

Dont' beleive me, Well fine don't listen to the 08 Champ!

Oh, I'm sure she'll figure it out.

But since you're being so thoughtful about it, why don't you write her a note around the middle of August:

"I'M BUSY FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS, SO EITHER SHUT THE **** UP, OR ELSE GET LOST, ***** !!! AND TAKE THE BRAT WITH YOU, WILL YA? CUZ I KNOW YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT!

Love,

Cap'n T. "

Good luck in the divorce proceedings. Especially when she walks in with a copy of this question lol.

• Angela

I joined earlier.... TY for the 2 points, I need every one to get my new account back to the formers level

• Johnny

see you soon in the Married and Divorce Section of Y/A

fantasy football is just DnD for jocks