Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Your Thoughts on Too Common Middle Names? EX: Anne, Marie, Lynn?

Favorite Answer

well i think some people just use the middle name to name the child after someone and most my friends hate their middle names . i think its nice to have a middle name no one else has same thing with first names both my names are and the thing with common names is like i know about 3 sarahs and if we are together u might say sarah and they all turn round it can be quite funny

Well, my middle name is Marie. When I was growing up I HATED it because 13 other girls I knew had the same middle name. But now that I am an adult, I love it. I finally realized the meaning behind it, and have stopped hating my parents. lol. It's funny that you picked these 3 common middle names for your question. My mother's middle name is Ann, and my cousin's middle name is Lynn.

They might be to commen middle names , but alot of ppl honor family members with their childrens middle names and it seems the " too common " middle names are alot of peoples family names .

In my family I have the names

Paige

Summer

Anne

Marie

Rose

Grace

Elizabeth

Leigh

And lynn

Source(s): http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9685637 Vote on my baby name list :):) ... Please :D

Those were common in the 70s and 80s but aren't common at all today. I don't know anyone with a kid under 10 who has any of those names. Everyone I know has Grace or Rose as their kids' middle names.

I feel that a middle name should have a special meaning, since it's only really used within the family (and on government documents). So pick a name that means something to you - after a family member, the name of your fave literary character, a city that means something to you, your fave musician, etc. In my family, middle names are always after a relative or ancestor

My sister's middle name is Marie. I know people with the first names of Ann, Jon and Allen, but not middle names.

I think they were popular in the 80s. Anne and Lynn are definately not that popular now. Marie has never lost it's "cool".

I think it depends on why they name the child the name

My daughter middle name is Elizabeth after my mom

My niece middle name is Elizabeth after my mom

My sister Middle name is Anne after an family member, her second daughter middle name is Anne after her

I think if you pick an name to honor a love one or a name you love for some reason, it does not matter how common it is

• Tia

I don't mind the common middle names. I like unique first names but with middle names it usually is chosen after a family member like a decease relative or grandma or something.

• Arthur

I think some are cuter than others. My favourite style is having 'ordinary' but nice first names, and more 'different' middle names, so that you can be imaginative without getting your kid teased because they don't have to tell anyone their middle names.

I love Grace, Rose, Anne, Marie, Mae as mn, but I wouldn't use them because they are too common.

My middle name is Marie and I always hated it. All of my friend's middle names were also Marie, eight out of ten times.