Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Going to London! Advice!!?

My friend and I are going to london we weere given some tickets to go see beyonce!! We're both 19 from dublin!!! Any advice on which is the best area to stay in... we plan on a night or two out a show in the west end shopping on getting to the o2 to see the lady herself. WHich is the best airport to fly into using ryanair! we're going the 25th to the 28th of may any advice on anything would be brilliant! we got flights cheap so we'd spend about 300eur on accommadation altogether!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ryanair mostly only fly to London Stansted, which is infact not actually in London. Its at least thirty miles outside the city, which is why your plane tickets are so cheap. We fly Ryanair quite often so I know. I suppose you might fly to Gatwick as they do fly Dublin to Gatwick. Gatwick is also about 40 miles outside London.

However you arrive, you need to get the train into Central London. Gatwick Airport has the Gatwick Express that goes to London Victoria station. Takes thirty minutes, and costs about £15. Stansted Express goes from Stansted to London Liverpool Street and takes about an hour. Cost is also about £15.

You can find nice three and four star hotels at reasonable prices via the links below. Your looking at about £80 a night if you want something decent (I would suggest getting a twin room, so then you don't have to rent two rooms). Luckily, the exchange rate is excellent at the moment so changing Euros in Pounds gives you more for your money. Its about £1 to €1.15. Other way round (£ to €) its about £1 - €1.09, so make sure you spend all your money before you come back.

Travel around the city is pretty easy. £5 gets you a days Travelcard, which allows you unlimited travel on the London Underground, London Buses, Docklands Light Railway, South London Trams and all National Rail services within the set zones. The o2 Arena is located just outside "North Greenwich" station, and is on the Jubilee line (see tube map). Any other attractions you want to see, you can find the best route on the TfL website by typing in your departure station, and the name of the attraction (Eg. Green Park tube station to London Eye)

So, €300 equals to about £270. Plenty to have a great little city break.

Have a great time!

Edit: Ryanair fly to Luton? I had no idea. You can catch a train from Luton Airport Parkway to St Pancras which takes about an hour.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For airport by Ryan Air from Dublin you can choose from Gatwick, Stanstead or Luton.

However it depends when you land as to what is a good choice - Stanstead and Luton have overnight buses at ~£12-£15 one way into central London, they run during the day also but train is faster but costs more.

From Gatwick its the train and late at night the Gatwick Express runs to Victoria until ~1:30 am, during the day there are cheaper train options.

You can go to the O2 by boat from Waterloo and you may want to stay near there so when you come back your near the hotel.

Ryan Air dont fly to Heathrow

• 4 years ago

There are homicide secret events, the place you bypass to a occasion and actors create the priority, you don't be attentive to who the actors are. There are excursions to do with Jack the Ripper and different ghostly style issues. The Tower of London has memories of ghosts. There are places like Abbey wood, the place there are the maintains to be of an previous Abbey. The London Eye might provide a thrill. Highgate Cemetery and Brookwood Necropolis are slightly spooky.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your going to be spending all your time in the west end then you may aswell stay in the west end, then every thing's on the door step! There's loads of Premier Travel Inn's in the city & they're like £50 a night i think! as for airports, either heathrow or gatwick then get the airport train into the city. =)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.