Was media wrong to call Texas swine flu death, 1st US death?

A toddler died at a Texas hospital, and it was confirmed to be a swine flu death. (Not all that dramatic seeing that almost 100 infants die each year from the typical flu) but they're racking this death to the first US death from the swine flu. however, the child was a Mexican citizen, from Mexico, got... show more A toddler died at a Texas hospital, and it was confirmed to be a swine flu death. (Not all that dramatic seeing that almost 100 infants die each year from the typical flu)

but they're racking this death to the first US death from the swine flu.

however, the child was a Mexican citizen, from Mexico, got sick in Mexico, god knows how long the child went before crossing the boarder to get treated in Texas...

Had it been an American citizen treated immediately, I bet he'd have survived...

but seeing it was a Mexican child, who lived in Mexico, got sick in Mexico... and crossed the boarder to get treated (why they let anyone with known swine flu symptoms into our country in the first place... whatever)

but can you really call it a US Death? It makes it sound like a US citizen died from the swine flu, and is sending Americans into a panic.

Is this blatant media misreporting, or do you think this should be counted as a US death?
Update: it's not that its not sad and I'm not trying to be insensative... but right now the news is all over this like a fly on poop, trying to scare everyone into thinking we had our first swine flu death... and if we are having deaths with all of our technology and medical advancements, we're in serious... show more it's not that its not sad and I'm not trying to be insensative... but right now the news is all over this like a fly on poop, trying to scare everyone into thinking we had our first swine flu death... and if we are having deaths with all of our technology and medical advancements, we're in serious trouble.

I think that's blatant bad misrepresentation of the news story, twisting it to fit where the want the story to go.. and leaving out important details.

It's bad reporting imo. that's my point.
Update 2: I think it's also a good representation of the state of our boarders.

We have a deadly flu, and we let a family into our country that had a child sick enough to die from this deadly, contageous flu.

this is why its spreading so fast. Japan shut down their borders, and so far they're good.
Update 3: actually nutrionally fortified... it has NOTHING to do with duel citizenship. it was a Mexican citizen who lived in Mexico, that got sick in Mexico, and only came here to get treated. They were not US Citizens. And you're foolish to think this is NOT about borders or citizenship. This disease... show more actually nutrionally fortified...

it has NOTHING to do with duel citizenship.

it was a Mexican citizen who lived in Mexico, that got sick in Mexico, and only came here to get treated. They were not US Citizens.

And you're foolish to think this is NOT about borders or citizenship.

This disease started in Mexico... it started in the pig farms of Mexico... and people who are sick with this serious virus that is killing people, are crossing into our country legally or illegally which puts our citizens at risk.

That is a very serious issue whether bleeding hearts want to believe that or not.
10 answers 10