Swine flu = pork sales down = proof that people are stupid?

Apparently all the farmers and pork sellers are demanding the name be changed, because half of the population is now scared to eat pork in case they catch the swine flu. Despite the fact that on every SINGLE news item, it mentions you can't get it from... show more Apparently all the farmers and pork sellers are demanding the name be changed, because half of the population is now scared to eat pork in case they catch the swine flu.
Despite the fact that on every SINGLE news item, it mentions you can't get it from pork.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090429/tod-oukoe-uk-flu-usa-name-3252b11.html

What do you think about this?

I think the farmers need to shut up and deal with it, and I am really worried that so many people have missed such basic information in the broadcasts. I am surprised that these people even know that the word swine has any correlation to pigs or pork.
Update: cool, why are you ranting at me? I do not have the ability to give you 3 thumbs down. I've gave no thumbs out yet. It does not matter what country it is, I am talking about Western Society in general, obviously. Anyway, yes the farmers are stupid and selfish and being impractical, they can't just... show more cool, why are you ranting at me? I do not have the ability to give you 3 thumbs down. I've gave no thumbs out yet.
It does not matter what country it is, I am talking about Western Society in general, obviously.

Anyway, yes the farmers are stupid and selfish and being impractical, they can't just demand to change the name of something which is well-known and already printed all over leaflets in production just because some people can't pay attention to the news. Thus, they need to get over it. It's life. It's part of the risks of the job/industry. They could sell pens or water instead..
Update 2: yeah, if I was a farmer I MIGHT be saying the same,i'm not denying that, but in that case I would be using my emotions, which would mean no-one should listen to me anyway. :)
knee-jerk! exactly! good word for both sets of behaviours I think
Update 3: my bad hal.