Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 decade ago

swine flu?!?!?>!!>!?!?!?!??!!?

okay so ive heard about the swine flu in mexico b4, but today at school we got notices and like warnings about the "pandemic" saying that we have to be careful because its in the bay area in south CA where our community lives. so, im probably overreacting and stuffs, but does that mean its going to spread between hundreds of people and everything!?!?!? I am really freaking out because people in downtown SJ have been heard to have it which is only 20 mins away from our community. Is it true that there's no cure and that teenagers can easily die from it?!?!

gosh now i really regret watching I AM LEGEND lol!

all answers and information are greatly appreciated! (:

195 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

start to improve your health eat 1-6 cloves of fresh choped garlic a day. sprinkle ground cinnamon on your cereal.

Fresh garlic is the best natural antibiotic you can get.iv had abscess teeth for 15 years and IM still here.with garlic my colds usually last 1-2 days or less.

drink lemon juice 1-2 teaspoons in 8 ounces of water [distilled] preferably.vinegar works the same but taste nasty.

start slow on the garlic because your stomach isn't use to it.cut the clove in to small slices and scoop it onto a spoon and swish it down with a drink of water.if it burns to much drink a few mouth fulls of milk to cut the burn.

iv done around 3 cloves of garlic for 6 years now

all so get [ N-95 ] respirator masks form the net or rite aid best you can get 95% aaffective

not promoting this company just one i found with a picture on it.

http://www.coopersafety.com/item/100918/3M-8210-N9...

some one gave me a thumbs down because they dont like garlic?

Source(s): OM
  • Hello
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

CHILL! Guess what? The swine flu has already hit america before, in the 1970's. True it was a slightly different strain. A STRONGER strain. Only one person died, a marine. That means that people are even LESS likely to die this time. A pandemic spreads person to person. SO does a cold. The same medicine used to treat regular flu works on the H1N1 (what we are SUIPPOSED to call it). True, it doesn't cure, but it doesn't do that for regular flu either, just speeds healing. The only reason you would ever die of it, even if you got it (which you won't, most likely) is if you got pnuemonia or already had an exsisting conditions, such as immune system problems, being an infant, or being really old. Remember West Nile? I had it, so did a ton of people. Did we die? Yeah, a ghost is typing this (sarcasm). The media tried to scare us with that too. CALM DOWN!!!!

Source(s): DON'T LISTEN TO CRYSTAL!!! The baby that died got the flu in Mexico and was transfered to the US because he was about to die and they didn't have great health care. He was already near death and had existing health problems. Blind panic dissapears when you get the facts.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can die from it and it has been affecting young adults but you shouldn't worry as there IS a cure - its easily treatable with two different antiviral drugs!

The symptoms are very similar to regular flu:

Lethargy, Fever, Loss of appetite, coughing and a sore throat. Some people with swine flu have also reported vomiting and diarrhoea.

If you come down with any of these symptoms visit your doctor - all doctors around the world are on alert right now for swine flu and will be able to send you for tests and prescribe you the right medication necessary for you!

Try not to worry too much - The US and Mexico are rather different when it comes to conditions that the virus will have to live in, general health and also medical care! Just because the disease may have been fatal in mexico this doesn't mean it will be in the US - consider there have already been quite a few cases that have all fully recovered completely fine!

• 1 decade ago

this is an overreaction from the American people

the media is trying play this up as a huge pandemic that kills millions, it is not

the reason most people have died is because of poor health conditions in Mexico

the person that died in the u.s. was actually a 23 month old toddler that was actually from Mexico and had been brought across the border for better health care

is you get swine flu you will not die, you don't even go to the hospital

go to your doctor, get some flu drugs

all that will happen is that you will have a really bad flu. stay away from other people to stop its spread cause you dont want your friends to spend a couple days with the flu.

there is definitely a cure, how do you think thousands have recovered?

EDIT: And...more people die of regular flu every day then swine flu

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Most likely the swine flu will be like the bird flu a very bad contagious desease that could spread but we can keep it under control but, the worst scenario is

1 The desease reaches a dangerous number in mexico .

2 Mostly likely the second country for the the desease to reach devastating levels is u.s.a. because

a We're right next to mexico

b.im usually pro immigration but in this scenario it's bad because illegal mexicans don't jump the border to europe, china , russia no to here

c. if a illegal carries it they can't go to the doctor or stop working because they can barely pay their rent ,so dying or no there hands will be on food, clothes, etc.

3 If in america the deseases becomes a pandemic the E.U., China, Middle east, russia, etc won't continue to trade with us which means our already decling economy will collapse all this stuff that says " Made in china" will no longer be around .

4. Wal-mart, K-mark, etc keep only anough in their warehouse for a specific time so if global trade stops those ware houses will be empy quick which means, there will be a shortage of everything .

5. The most scare part of this desease with in a short period of time the strong world power the United States of America will be reduced to a 3rd world country and when this happens people get desperate and may turn to a revolt if you ever look through history a plague just doesn't kill a lot of peolpe it also some how changes the course of history ( ex after the black plague europe's Fuedal system collapsed because a 3rd of peasants were killed)

Best thing to do is pray and wash your hands before eating, clean your body, and stay away from anyone who seems to be coughing or sick it is spring the flu season's over if someone is sick suspect the worst

Source(s): news
  • 5 years ago

Arizona 1

California 14

Indiana 1

Kansas 2

Massachusetts 2

Michigan 2

• 5 years ago

Indiana 1

Kansas 2

Massachusetts 2

Michigan 2

Nevada 1

New York 51

• 1 decade ago

The H1N1 virus of this swine flu doesnt seem to be as virulent as the H5N1 SARS virus which caused many quick deaths in 2003. Still we cannot be complacent, because it can kill any person with a weak immune system.

Here are some ways to fight this virus:

>> keep your immune system strong,

>> avoid large crowds,

>>wash your hands thoroughly and more often than before, >>avoid shaking hands with others, no kissing, etc.esp if the Alert Level in your country has been raised higher.

>> do daily physical exercises and to follow a healthy and robust diet(include more onions, garlic, ginger, fruits and vegetables).

>>Use good face masks, and carry wet tissues

>>Watch the daily news for new developments, esp in your country, state and neighborhood.

>> And of course, it is really unwise now to go around the world travelling without a good reason. If you must, bring along wet tissue paper and the recommended masks, ie N95 type and not surgical masks which are useless against viruses.

I hope you, your family members, neighbors, colleagues and friends treat this virus seriously, like an 'enemy', and take all precautions to be totally safe from it. The chance of getting it is REAL, as i have seen several unfortunate victims in my country, during the last outbreak in 2003, when very young and old lives are extinguished, just within 7 - 14 days. May God bless you all!

Source(s): Observations and experiences.
  • 1 decade ago

i think its all blown out of proportion by the media .. but the flu itself is rather fishy because it didnt start where it normally does and it didnt happen during the regular flu season .. i feel like the gov is wanting us to look one way while getting something else accomplished while we are distracted with this swine flu.. alex jones says this is a man made flu and that the vaccines tamaflu*(not sure on spelling) are more dangerous .. and something about the company that makes the anti-virus is under investigation for something like putting the flu inside the vaccines and not just the weakened or dead kind used to make them.. but im far from an expert but so far only one person has died in the u.s. and it was a mexican child in texas... oh yeah and i heard something about race playing a factor in how dangerous the flu is.. but really several people die every year from the flu why is this such a big deal.. is it because they want us to be worried is what im wondering .. and how can this be a mix between the avian flu, swine flu, and human flu... also the mexican government was on the brink of collapse .. is it a coincidence that now the government could be seen as the saviors while passing out vaccines on the news

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

heres the latest update on swine flu READ IT AND WEEP!!

lol j/k

they're now saying Swine flu may be less potent than they first feared.

The swine flu outbreak that has alarmed the world for a week now appears less ominous, with the virus showing little staying power in the hardest-hit cities and scientists suggesting it lacks the genetic fortitude of past killer bugs.

President Barack Obama even voiced hope Friday that it may turn out to be no more harmful than the average seasonal flu.

In New York City, which has the most confirmed swine flu cases in the U.S. with 49, swine flu has not spread far beyond cases linked to one Catholic school. In Mexico, the epicenter of the outbreak, very few relatives of flu victims seem to have caught it.

A flu expert said he sees no reason to believe the virus is particularly lethal. And a federal scientist said the germ's genetic makeup lacks some traits seen in the deadly 1918 flu pandemic strain and the more recent killer bird flu.

Still, it was too soon to be certain what the swine flu virus will do. Experts say the only wise course is to prepare for the worst. But in a world that's been rattled by the specter of a global pandemic, glimmers of hope were more than welcome Friday.

"It may turn out that H1N1 runs its course like ordinary flus, in which case we will have prepared and we won't need all these preparations," Obama said, using the flu's scientific name.

The president stressed the government was still taking the virus very seriously, adding that even if this round turns out to be mild, the bug could return in a deadlier form during the next flu season.

New York officials said after a week of monitoring the disease that the city's outbreak gives little sign of spreading beyond a few pockets or getting more dangerous...............................FOR MORE INFO GO TO THAT LINK THERE :)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090502/ap_on_he_me/me...

best answer much??? :) lol

• 1 decade ago

Wow over 100 answers! That's amazing.

Anyway, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the swine flu is just like any other flu. Most people who die from it are immune compromised; very young, very old, or have an immune disorder. Those who are healthy and die (which is rare) probably didn't seek medical help after several days of high fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. So they dehydrate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.