Should I help my child's father pay his court ordered back child support?

I know it was wrong of me, but when we dated I told him my tubes were tied and I didn't want more kids, because he told me he would not date a woman who wasn't on birth control and I didn't want to get on it. I had 3 kids and was just divorced, and he had 3 kids and was going through a divorce.... show more I know it was wrong of me, but when we dated I told him my tubes were tied and I didn't want more kids, because he told me he would not date a woman who wasn't on birth control and I didn't want to get on it.

I had 3 kids and was just divorced, and he had 3 kids and was going through a divorce.

When I told him I was pregnant, he hung up in my face and would not talk to me since. I had the baby and later needed to get on welfare because my baby had a brain tumor and I didn't have insurance.

The welfare agency went after him for child support and are making him pay over $1000 a month. Since we stopped talking he got custody of his baby from his previous marriage, and he had quit his job in order to keep custody because his old job he worked 12 hour days. I find out that he has been out of work for a year and a half and he worked for a bank so it has been hard for him to get a new job.

They gave him child support based on what he made before my baby was born.

I know I was wrong for lying to him. He is a good father to his other kids, and I figured he would be a good father to mine regardless. But, he doesn't want to have anything to do with me or her. He doesn't even want to know her name.

Part of me feels that I was wrong and that I should pay for my lie and that he shouldn't be responsible because I lied to him. I am no longer on welfare so I can call the district attorney and tell them to not collect the back child support owed to me, and I could help him pay the $7000 in back child support.

The single mother part of me thinks that it doesn't matter. If he didn't want kids he should have gotten a vasectomy or worn a condom. Now I have this baby to raise and if he's gonna be a father to his other kids and not mine then he should still have to pay for it.
Update: Out of fairness to him, I should also add that he has custody of his child with his ex-wife. He does not get child support from his ex wife. He also has two older children and he and the mother never went to court so even though he supports his other kids there is no court order to do so. Should I think... show more Out of fairness to him, I should also add that he has custody of his child with his ex-wife. He does not get child support from his ex wife.

He also has two older children and he and the mother never went to court so even though he supports his other kids there is no court order to do so.

Should I think about his other children in my decision?