Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.?

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men”

The teacher told us to write an essay if you agree or disagree with the quote above.

So i finished every thing but i need the conclution i could find anything to write about. i wrote about that i disagreed.

Please just can you give an idea of the conclution..

Thank You

10 point for the best answer

Update:

I want it like this

a. stance __________________________

b. proof you are right

c. Last thoughts

Update 2:

but i want to be i a paragraph form

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't *always* corrupt...in the right hands it can do wonders.

Uncle Ben told Peter Parker/Spider Man "With great power comes great responsibility" and he was 100% correct.

On one hand you have you have a person like Dick Cheney who used his power for his own nefarious and greedy reasons and not only was a corrupt person but nearly corrupted our entire country in the eyes of the world.

On the other, you have someone like Diana Princess of Wales who used her power and influence to try to eradicate land mines and to make people think differently about the was AIDS was actually transmitted.

• Well the quote was originally penned by Lord Acton in 1887, so you could briefly overview the state of affairs in 1887 and surmise why Lord Acton might have said something along those lines.

An appeal to authority is always a nice way to tie up a good essay.

• 4 years ago

An observation that a person’s sense of morality lessens as his or her power increases. The statement was made by Lord Acton, a British historian of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.

• 1 decade ago

nobody can conclude an essay that we have not read..besides, these are your opinions, not ours. I agree with the quote, history has proved nothing else. Name 1 man in power that has done 1 good thing, and I can list 10 atrocities.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is a half-truism used to cover up all the day to day corruption so try for an analogy by saying you can kill two birds with one stone by taking care of the pennies so dollars take care of themselves or it's simply taking care of the small stuff.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try this out...great men are almost always bad men if you are on the loosing side of the conflict.perception of good is in the eyes of the winner..... blow your teachers lib mind with this ending.

• 1 decade ago

Do your own damn homework or post this over in "homework help".

How dare you try to instruct us how to answer so we do the damn work for you?

Jerk.

• 1 decade ago

Give me power and I promise I won't be corrupted. TRUST ME. ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.