Alex asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Back Exercises Without Weights Or Other Equipment?

Hello. Does anyone know of any good back exercises for gaining muscle that do not require weights or any other equipment? Please give me the name of the exercise(s) and how to do them, along with the recommended number of sets, reps per set, and rest time between sets. Thanks.

I said back exercises, not abs, learn how to read.

• Ed
    Favorite Answer

At the ACSM's (American College of Sports Medicine) 12th-annual Health & Fitness Summit and Exposition in March, 2008, Dr. Michael Bracko stressed the importance of back exercises to keep the spine--and muscles that surround it--healthy.

“The back is probably the most commonly injured part of the body for all people,” said Bracko. “We can help prevent back injuries through not only strengthening the back muscles themselves, but also by working muscles that surround and support the spine, such as the abdominals.”

Here are three great exercises Dr. Bracko recommends for the back, which require no equipment whatsoever:

1) Bird dog: Ge on your hands and knees on the floor.. Lift your right arm and opposing left leg simultaneously, holding straight, as high as you can lift each. Slowly, bring them back to the ground. Do 10 reps on each side.

2) Front plank: Lie on the floor, flat on your stomach. Bend your arms at the elbows to support your upper body, centering the elbows under the shoulders. Lift your body off the ground, using abdominal strength and toes to hold a “bridge” position, keeping the back straight. Hold a straight back for 10 seconds.

3) Side planks: Lie on your side, with your bottom arm centered under your shoulder. Lift your hips off the ground, and hold with a straight back for 10 seconds. Repeat on opposite side.

Chin-ups and pull-ups are great back strengtheners as well, requiring nothing more than a horizontal branch on a tree.

Don't forget the importance of building the muscles that support the back too, and abdominals certainly fall in this category. Weak abdominals can cause or exacerbate back problems.

Dr. Bracko recommends that if you work a desk job, you should make sure to get up and stretch a little every hour or so. Your back will suffer in the long run if you don't; it is not easy on the back to sit still for long periods.

Finally, don't forget to work on back flexibility too. Without flexibility, strength means very little. Click on the last link below to begin a yoga regimen. This ancient system has been tested for thousands of years, with great benefit to the backs of practitioners.

Back Exercises Without Equipment

Back Exercises Without Weights

Check here a very effective sciatica natural treatment http://cure-sciatica.info

Normally, I would not answer a question like this as my expertise is generally in medication but I had severe sciatica while I was pregnant with my 3rd child (after having had twins) and I had sciatica so bad that I was finding it difficult to walk. I tried massage therapy and physical therapy and could not take medication

I went to the chiropractor and the pain was instantly relieved. My hips and lower back were out of alignment because I had carried twins the year before. On occasion a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) can also work but they usually only work on one joint at a time - the chiropractor will do your whole back which works faster. Anyone who does not believe in chiropractors will tell you they are quacks - don't listen.

I don't necessarily believe that chiropractors can cure things like diabetes but they can definitely relieve some types of back pain especially if a pinched nerve is involved which is usually the cause of sciatica.

If you put yourself that issues: “What sort of plan should I follow if I wish to add some significant weight in the shortest period of time possible? Must I do some form of periodization plan to function up to my next max-out? Must I perform different bench push variations?” then you definitely will see the answers here https://tr.im/HqILp

Critical Bench is more than just an eBook. The internet site it self has some decent posts and information and gives a feeling of community, that will be usually without other products. Plenty of these bodybuilding eBooks are simply that, eBooks. If you have a question, or anything you intend to discuss you have to look elsewhere but Critical Bench program will help you all the way.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): exercises weights equipment: https://shortly.im/LcvyN

Discover the secrets of "How to Build Ripped, Shredded Muscle Fast Without Any Fat"

+) Exact calorie and macronutrient needs to build pure lean muscle

+) Exactly what and when to eat based around your weight training regimen to catapult your body into a 24/7 muscle building state

+) Using unique calorie and macronutrient shifting techniques your muscle recovery is extremely rapid and muscle soreness is often 100 % eliminated

+) Exactly what you need to be fueling your body with during your two daily anabolic windows

+) Exact nutritional needs for “muscle maintenance” based on detailed personal characteristics and your exact weight training regimen

Discover the secret! Now - http://seehow.co/themusclemaximizer

If you’re the guy that’s dead serious about creating a physique that demands respect, turns heads and separates you from the pack, the Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer was made for you

Source(s): Professional nutrition system proven to explode lean muscle growth without any fat - http://seehow.co/themusclemaximizer

I cured my sciatica with this natural treatment https://tinyurl.im/stop-sciatica-now

A Floor Pull is a back exercise that doesn't require any equipment. You lie face down on the floor and stretch your arms out in front of yourself and plant your fists and forearms on the ground and pull or drag your body forward. You can adjust your arms to narrow, or close together or wide. You can even try pulling with one arm at a time. It amazes me how many times

"Just how much do you bench?" In the event that you will soon be rich only get getting a dollar for every single time somebody requested you that! Utilize this program https://tr.im/dNMdz in order to impress them.

How much would you benchis turned so crucial and for this reason people are continually trying to boost their bench. Nothing thinks as effective as adding yet another menu to the bar when it's your change to utilize the benchin your gym.

The Critical Bench program can help you boost your benchwith the 5x5 technique. 5x5 technique means you will do exactly the same weight for 5 repetitions of 5 sets. You intend to look for a fat that will fatigue you by the past rep of the final set. This sort of instruction sets large amount of stress on parts of your muscles and they have nothing else to do but respond and become stronger.