Pregunton asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How come people dont use the gym machine next to me?

ive noticed on women specially...they skip one all the time but i never see that happend to other guys. im i to ugly or fat?

• Stevie
    Favorite Answer

maybe you smell bad. try showering before you hit the gym and use a good deoderant.

oh and please dont use cologne before you get to the gym.

theres very few things worse than having to run near someone who is wearing tons of cologne.

people dont like other sweaty stinky people in their bubble at the gym. maybe the others know eachother or see eachother there daily but dont ever talk. they get comfortable with them. personally i wouldn't care if another soul was in that gym. im not there to socialize.

Ya I'd prefer nobody be near me when I'm working out. I will always choose the machine with nobody near it. I don't go there to be social, I don't want to be worrying about how I look (and sometimes I can't help it), I'd rather focus on my workout.

Try being friendly and talking first. some people are at the gym to just work out, and they may feel they are sweaty and smelly LOL Luck, E

Use hair wax, deo, shave your armpits, wear the most modern training suit, preferably nike etc ;)

No, serious, this is probably only a psychological thing! Be happy and don't care so much :P

Maybe your intensity is intimidating. That is good. You aren't at the gym to meet people anyway, you are there to move big weight. Good for you I say. Good for you.

I'm especially one of those people who like my space. i don't like when i park far away from a entrance and people park right next to me and there is like 30 parking spots near by. we always think it's us by it's most likely just in your head! when people go to workout they are not thinking about you or anyone in the gym. they are thinking about themselves and what their doing. you rock and don't forget it!

haha, i'm sure that's not the reason.

why the thumbs down?? i just meant that the reason they are skipping the machine is definitely not that you are "too ugly or fat".

haha. no, girls just dont like to be around guys that they dont know usually

i guess its a nervous type thing

do you get many girlfriends?

No...it's just what happens. Why work out right next to someone when you could have your space to yourself?