Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 decade ago

what do you do for summer if you are stuck in england?

i usually go abroad on holiday but due to some complications i cant

im 14 years old and the majority of my friends are going away

i think im going to the green man and camp bestival and to see my friend from scotland and shes coming to see me for like a week

what do i do for the rest???

Update:

i live in the northwest and not near any beaches so its a bit hard to get to them

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are so many things you can do in Britain for a summer its just having the confidence to travel and see places with friends (and also being allowed as your only 14!) But I can give you some ideas,

Its great your going to a couple of festivals, they give you so many memories and happy times of the summer! What about the beach?? there are so many fantastic beaches in britain, you and a few friends good have a brilliant day, chilling out, meeting people etc etc.

Also, the theme parks: alton towers, thorpe park, chessington etc etc. Plus, theres plenty of shopping, just try going somewhere new and exploring.

But what about the good old outdoor stuff, like bike rides through forests, round lakes, hiring canoes, maybe a bit if sailing or surfing!!

Your possibilities are endless so dont start to worry about boredom, start making a list soon of everything you plan to do and add to it as ideas come!!

Good luck, and have a great summer!

Claire :D

P.S. Keep an eye out for any events which go on in your area!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if i was stuck in england for the summer? sight seeing, the beach, celebrity hunting, window shopping, and so much more. but than again, i am stuck here in british columbia canada

• 1 decade ago

i will happily trade places with you lol.

i am in southeast tennessee. if i were "stuck" in england for an entire summer i would go site seeing and just enjoy being in a place that has so much history and culture. consider yourself lucky :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.