Why did so many of these things happened so suddenly?

When I was young, I used to think the 21st century will be a new century of hope and aspiration. This is especially during the moon missions which inspired us. There was something to look forward to in the new century back then. However, these days, everything seems otherwise. The September 11 terrorists attacks... show more When I was young, I used to think the 21st century will be a new century of hope and aspiration. This is especially during the moon missions which inspired us. There was something to look forward to in the new century back then.

However, these days, everything seems otherwise. The September 11 terrorists attacks made travelling a lot more dangerous, the Sars outbreak in the Asia Pacific, bird flu, the current subprime crisis, the escalating oil prices and lately, the pig flu. There are also many more.

These are certainly not what I had envisioned nor expected. This is certainly not the century I expected. Why did all these happened so suddenly? Never before in the annuals of world history did so many disastrous events happened all at once.

Why did so many bad things happened so suddenly?
Update: Hey guys! Sorry if I had pointed this question 7 to 8 times! I can't explain it, but when I clicked submit, 7 to 8 of this answer was duplicated and submitted to Yahoo Answers! Hence, this question was duplicated 7 to 8 times!

I didn't do it! Something happened! Sorry!