Why did so many of these things happened so suddenly?

When I was young, I used to think the 21st century will be a new century of hope and aspiration. This is especially during the moon missions which inspired us. There was something to look forward to in the new century back then.

However, these days, everything seems otherwise. The September 11 terrorists attacks made travelling a lot more dangerous, the Sars outbreak in the Asia Pacific, bird flu, the current subprime crisis, the escalating oil prices and lately, the pig flu. There are also many more.

These are certainly not what I had envisioned nor expected. This is certainly not the century I expected. Why did all these happened so suddenly? Never before in the annuals of world history did so many disastrous events happened all at once.

Why did so many bad things happened so suddenly?

Hey guys! Sorry if I had pointed this question 7 to 8 times! I can't explain it, but when I clicked submit, 7 to 8 of this answer was duplicated and submitted to Yahoo Answers! Hence, this question was duplicated 7 to 8 times!

I didn't do it! Something happened! Sorry!

Favorite Answer

Things happen all the time.

Todays fast paced society drives us at an accelerated pace. We hear about things virtually instantly; and we believe everything we see on the news.

I would have to disagree that there are so many things happening that are out of the ordinary. Life still goes on, despite the media paranioa.

Viruses naturally occur. Bird Flu, and sars are pretty much fizzling out (well Bird Flu is still active, but is still in a low phase). Swine flu will probably be the same as bird flu, kill a couple dozen people a year for a while.

Everything else you mentioned is man-made. The 9-11 attacks were due to the decisions by nations such as the U.S. that determined the lifestyles of the average middle-eastern. How are afghani's, Saudi's, and other arab's supposed to respond when you trick them into fighting the S.U. promising them billions of dollars in aid and then not giving it to them? They also feel that the U.S. is trying to control them through the use of soft power and blackmail and threats.

The subprime mortgage crisis was caused by the stupidity of U.S. citizens who could not realize buying a $500,000 home when you only make $50,000 a year was a bad idea.

The oil crisis was again caused by the actions of the nations of the past. The western nations didn't even learn from the past, in the 1970's the west economical frame almost collapsed due to middle-eastern trade blocks on oil. Even today the west is still dependant on the middle-east for oil.

Lots of Republicans in power since the 70s. See what they did. If there are any truly evil people out there conspiring to exploit the American masses for self gain, they definitely would be Republicans. Bush and his father Reagan, Nickson, Rove, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and a bunch of other cronies in Washington who have lingered around since the 70s in US politics. Get rid of these people and there may be hope. I wish the Republican lower ranks would clean house and bring some new people with new ideas who aren't connected to the above-mentioned people. When Obama spoke of change he really was speaking something even Republicans wish to see. The Democrats are changing and the next group to revamp themselves will be the Republicans. Lets hope something better can come from them. Something new.

God is testing the current 'terrorist' game the Brits are eager to play.

They have not happened suddenly, they have always happened. In fact because of new technologies and discoveries we have become better at them (i.e. better at fighting disease).

They are bites from mother nature and will always happen. :)

Sure.

Why not?

Look in the real world.

Decode this lyrics " If you don't know me by now"

"See I told you so"

John 7.19

"You don't have to say you love me"

Luke 6.39-40,41-45,46-49

"You're so vain"

Luke 21.30-36

"Stand by me"

Matt 22.17-21,32

What do you think?

Source(s): decoded from the missing x-files.

human selfishness: the rich part of the world minds its own business, while people in africa are dying of famine.

The signs and portents are there. Armageddon.

life is a biatch.

its just got to be dealt with!

i suppose these things are all not OUR fault.

its just how it goes unfotunately,

xxxx

• They are all manmade.