UK: Release of a prisoner who has been identified as posing a risk of serious harm to the public?

This "man" is nearing the end of a four year sentence for common assault, ABH and harassment against me. It is my belief (more than a belief - I KNOW but have no proof) that he has a personality disorder (Antisocial) and when he wants to he can charm and manipulate people into believing anything he says.... show more This "man" is nearing the end of a four year sentence for common assault, ABH and harassment against me. It is my belief (more than a belief - I KNOW but have no proof) that he has a personality disorder (Antisocial) and when he wants to he can charm and manipulate people into believing anything he says.

As far as I am aware, he has been assessed on more than one ocassion and on one occasion I know that because he was found to be in control of his behaviour he was not classed as having a mental health problem. He most certainly is in control of his awful and abusive behaviour as he can behave when it suits him to.

I am worried about his release and what he will do to me in revenge for him spending all that time in prison and the police have suggested that I move house but this is just not practical for me and my family.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of what happens after a prisoner who is identified as a risk of serious harm to the public is released? I am guessing that once they have served their sentence nothing happens until they re offend but I would really appreciate informed answers. Thanks.