Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bank account overdrawn; running balance unavailable...?

I have a checking account with National City and the other day, I had 6 pending items that didn't go through yet (checking account updates at midnight every business day). My account was -$9.44 overdrawn. So I went to the ATM about an hour before midnight and deposited $5, which brought it up to -$4.44, but I couldn't transfer the other $5.00 from my savings into my checking. So at home, I went onto the bank's website and accessed my account. I was able to transfer it into my checking account, which went into effect immediately. By then, it was already a quarter till midnight and my account was supposedly fine, with the current balance at .55 cents, but the available balance was still at -$4.44. Fast forward two hours later and my account is overdrawn again at -$215.45. However, when I view the account activity, the running balance info is missing and some of the pending items from the day before is also missing. I was wondering if the computer hasn't updated entirely and is only showing the overdraft balance as it would have been if I didn't deposit both the amounts in?

Favorite Answer

Sometimes thats possible but I would call my bank because they can give you the run down on what you might or might not owe. Then you can go from there.