MEEEEEEEEE asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Why don't guys kick each other in the balls...?

What i've notice about fights between guys is why don't they kick each other in the balls..

If you dislike each other enough to want them to get hurt.. why not do the worst?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

why dont you girls do titty twisters on eachother if you dislike eachother so much?

its for the same reason as that.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on the fight. many fights that you might see in a bar, at school, or in any public place are merely alpha male contests, or sometimes known as a "monkey dance" (referring to how monkeys tone down their attacks when fighting each other as opposed to fighting a predator). In a monkey dance the true reason that the fight is happening is the pride of the individuals involved, so there is no genuine hatred or danger, and both fighters are hoping that the other will simply back down. When the fight is actually serious, like a mugging, or one guy is on drugs, or they are gang members, etc. then you will see kicks and even punches to the balls. A friend of mine in high school was in a gang and a move he used a lot when he fought multiple attackers was to rush up to a guy, drop to one knee suddenly, and throw a couple punches to the nuts. I saw him take out three guys in a row with this move one time. Aside from the seriousness of the violence there is another reason why you might not see hits to the balls: adrenaline. I have personally kicked a guy in the balls a couple times only to see him flinch for a second before pounding me in the face, it was an eye-opening experience to say the least. When the fight is fully underway the adrenal gland usually kicks in, so midway through a fight a hit to the groin will do little good (but they definitely feel it afterwards).

Despite all this, I think the true answer to your question is psychological. Most people who have experienced great pain have a hard time inflicting that same pain on someone else, because they know exactly what that person will feel and the action becomes to personal, or malicious. For instance, a person who has never been shot or even seen someone shot in real life can easily fire a gun at someone, because they are completely disconnected from the consequences. They might be shocked and traumatized after wards about their actions, but before and during they don't feel apprehensive. In this way men struggle to inflict that kind of pain on someone else. Almost every man has received a strike to their balls at some point, and no man ever forgets what that pain feels like, so the situation must be very serious for a man to purposefully inflict that pain on another man. It is a very difficult concept to relate to a woman: the best way is to recall the most painful experience you've had in your life, now imagine causing that pain to another person simply because you are angry with him/her. If the experience you remember was painful enough than you should cringe at just imagining it, let alone causing it to someone else.

Happy Training!

Source(s): Being a guy Having experiences of receiving and giving hits to the groin.
  • 5 years ago

There s a lot of bollocks written here..

There is only one rule in a streetfight - to be the one who walks away. You assume from the start that the other guy is out to kill you and fight accordingly. He may be. He may have a knife in his pocket which he pulls out when he thinks he s losing. So you end it fast. That means fighting to cripple, main or kill. If that means kicking him in the nuts, or eye strikes, or whatever, that s what you do. If he can t stand because of a broken kneecap, he can t continue the fight. If he can t see, he can t continue the fight. If he can t breath, he can t continue the fight. If he s in severe pain cos you ve kicked him in the knackers, he can t continue the fight. You do anything to make sure that you re not the one in A&E or worse.

That also means being prepared to die to take your opponent down. That s the best chance you have, assuming that the other guy is out to kill you and being prepared, if necessary to die to take them down.

There s no code, there is no Golden Rule, there is no honour, there is no fair fight, there is no something we just do not do , and it is nothing to do with manhood or manliness. There is just surviving. If you don t want to get kicked in the Johnsons, learn to block. If you don t want to wind up in A&E or worse, drop a belief in rules. I ve seen too many young men go to hospital because they believed in rules, and the other guy didn t.

"It is also because we know it is not as effective as it is made out to be. You ask "why not do the worst" simply it is not the worst in a fight. Every one who really know, knows that it is not a fight ender and more of a good set up. That area is the first place on our body we have learned to protect so it is one of the hardest to hit as well. "

Yup.

Source: A quarter of a century of living in a very rough area of a major city, with gangs playing Bloods and Crips, neonazis, Yardies, psychos, muggers and god knows what. I ve had brawls with all of the above, and then some. I m still standing, and I m now nearly 60.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends greatly on the fight. A school fight with people around you has different connotations than a fight in a back alley. Presumably, the school fight is about status - and the people around you will prevent the other person from breaking your bones.

Status fights among men are quite similar to status fights seen in other pack animals... you want to win but you do not want to seriously injure another member of your species. When you see dogs fighting for alpha position, they fight very differently from how they hunt - for similar reasons.

In a back alley where you are conceivably fighting for your life with no help in sight, a shot to the groin is pretty much expected. Chances are, you've never had the opportunity to witness those fights.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's an unspoken rule between men.

Usually when guys fight, they do so to prove that they are the stronger, tougher man. A shot to the balls completely paralyzes the other guy and you basically won by a cheap shot. Winning like this means that 1) you cannot beat up the other guy by "real" fighting, and 2) you are that much of a wimp to sink to that level. It's like throwing sand in somebody's eyes.

If you are not concerned about your pride or reputation, like if you are being mugged, by all means do whatever you can to survive, including low blows. But otherwise, for "alpha male" fights, nut shots are just wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's because a man will do anything to win and and get it over with fast sometimes for all those who believe it's a pu**y move,i would love you guys to get into my face or Bruce Lee's face cause him and I belive that "When you fight, if it is a real fight, use every tool that you have, use your whole body. Use your fists, your legs, your fingers, your head if you have to, and hit them in every vulnerable spot, the balls, the eyes etc. to win." and

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him.

you guys should not be concerned based on how you win but more anout who will come out alive in the end no more what way you decide o do it and is the truth whether you pu**ys want to hear the truth or not ok

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1) unless the odds are stacked against you dirty moves are not common etiquette.

2) do you really want balls on your feet.

3) Some people don't fall over holding they re crutch.

I've been hit in the nuts in a fight and i will just keep fighting, if you fall on the ground your done for.

• 1 decade ago

It is also because we know it is not as effective as it is made out to be. You ask "why not do the worst" simply it is not the worst in a fight. Every one who really know, knows that it is not a fight ender and more of a good set up. That area is the first place on our body we have learned to protect so it is one of the hardest to hit as well.

Also like every one else said it is a cheap shot. Men have honor

• 1 decade ago

Because unless it a surprise cheap shot it an incrediably difficult thing to do. Anybody who is in a fight will usually put one foot forward so trying to kick them in the middle of that stance is something thats not going to really happen.

• 1 decade ago

Its sort of an understood thing among all guys....an unspoken rule. All guys know what that is like and its just something we don't do.

Also, because of those things.... A man who kicks another man in the balls immediately loses all manliness and respect.

• 1 decade ago

Because deep down, every guy follows Confucius' Golden Rule: "Do not do unto others what you do not want done unto you." Nobody wants to get kicked in the Johnsons faster than you can say "Nutcracker".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.