AAR asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

what is meant by informed civil society?

i have a 1100 word essay to write on the the topic "informed civil society". can you tell me what it means and give an example

before i came and asked on here i tried google search on informed civil society...but couldn't find the 3 words together . i tried civil society and got this explanation "Civil society refers to the arena of uncoerced collective action around shared interests, purposes and values. In theory, its institutional forms are distinct from those of the state, family and market, though in practice, the boundaries between state, civil society, family and market are often complex, blurred and negotiated". what???

Favorite Answer

Maybe you've tried this already, but here goes.

I would search the phrase "informed civil society", the phrases like "civil society".

What I would be looking for are the names of authors, people who have published online as well as in print.

Then start searching and reading those authors at the library. (But that may just be me, I find greater pleasure in holding a book in my hands than this keyboard.)

Anyway, I'm not trying to get smart with you, I'm trying I guess to tell you that you'll just have to do the work. And If I had to do the work, those are the methods which have brought me success in the past.

For a theme though, what is "meant" by an informed civil society could be a discussion of the value which people find in being members of that informed civil society.

Maybe you could describe the sense of companionship one enjoys. If you simply define the phrase, you get a grade. But if you make it into something living, you could get a grade+.

Never heard it put that way, so I don't know in what context to respond.

The only information the people get is what the msn media tells us.

Unless we are lucky to find something on the internet and spread the word.