Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Is it weird or polite to say "Good Morning" to strangers on the street?

In the morning as i'm heading off to school, i usually say Good morning to the adults that live around my street if i pass by them.

Would it be odd to say good morning to complete strangers on the street?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Saying "good morning" to strangers in this day and age, is odd because hardly anyone does it and you also need to protect yourself from any strange people. There are a lot of secretly volatile people in the world and if you meet one and create a connection with them then they may just focus on you, this is why children are raised to be aware of "stranger danger".

If I were you, I'd stay with greeting the people I know and that my family knows for safety's sake. Nobody will think less of you for not going about greeting the world. As a female, you've really got to be aware of your personal safety.

- Pepper.

• Terri
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It's VERY polite - keep doing it & the next thing you know everybody you pass by will be doing the same. Play a game with yourself - see how many grumpy people you can make smile in one day. Try to top it the next day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, it's weird !!

• 1 decade ago

people say good moring here all the time.To me I find it strange cause prior to moving here I lived in a really bad neighborhood where saying good morning would get you shot to death.I think it depends on where you live but I see nothing wrong with saying good morning to strangers...the world needs more friendly people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

saying hello to strangers is something your mother should have taught you never to do. This is how kids get picked up and never heard from again.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think it is odd to say Good Morning to strangers in fact it just shows you have good manners.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it depends

if i know there name n if i have seen them around my neighborhood they i will say "G' morning"

if i have never seen them before n if they dont look familiar then i dont say anything

• 1 decade ago

No!

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so. I appreciated it when people say good morning or hello to me randomly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.