Can someone explain "per person per night" to me?

There are 6 people going on a road trip to Chicago in the summer. When looking for lodging, I found a hostel that some of my friends had stayed at before. We plan to stay in Chicago for about 2 days. It says $29-35 per person per night.

I don't know what that means. Does it mean that we all pay $58-70 each? I am confused. Please explain this in a simple way!

Arigato! :)

Best Answer

it means each person pays that amount per night. many hostels charge per person instead of per room since many people travel together when looking for hostels. In a hotel you could pay one rate for a room and cram a bunch of people in but the hostel will charge you a nightly charge for each person in your group.

thats the simple way:

each person pays a nightly rate of their own whether you are sharing a room or not.

yeah basically each person should have to pay between $29-$35 per night that they stay there, so yes each person should have to pay 58-70. Thats the way i get it anyways, because im sure if you change or look at rooms for 1 person the cost is higher.

Actually it means that you the traveler, will pay $29-35 a night for yourself and yourself only. So yes it will be around $58-70 for the total of 2 nights for each person that is staying. (it sounds more confusing doesn't it?)

Hmm it a not uncomplicated idea yet what do you imagine of this? "Please help your self with the help of taking one tiny (upload an adjective about the cupcake) cupcake! And loved! thanks (with a grin and a mild purple spot on the cheek)"