Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Did you know that Nicole Kidman, Mel Gibson, Hugh Jackman, etc are Australian?

Nicole Kidman, Russel Crowe, Mel Gibson, Cate Blanchett, Hugh Jackman, Melissa George, Rachael Griffith

Their names sound American. I never knew they were Australian! I thought Australian names were something like Kangaridoo Dingobait or Crikey Dingeridoo....something related to animals. damn...why do they have American names then? Marketability?

Favorite Answer

american names?

you should realize that america isnt a race, or a language.

DUDE, learn about the real world.

• Nicole Kidman is Australian.

Mel Gibson is American raised in Australia......

Cate Blanchette Australian.

Rachael Griffith Australian

Hugh Jackman Australian

Melissa George Australian

They don't have American Names... then have ENGLISH names....Where do you think Australians came from?

I knew Nicole Kidman and Mel Gibson were Australian.

I never knew about Russell Crowe or Cate Blanchett.

And I've never heard of Hugh Jackman, Melissa George and Rachael Griffith

Source(s): And they don't have American names.... Rachael (which is also my name) is Hebrew and is the symbol of innocence, not American
  • Widgi

Did you watch that movie called AUSTRALIA starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman...

Who would have thought they were actually Australian as well....

The mind boggles!

No, they have white people names. White people immigrated to both America and Australia from Europe. That's why the have similar names.

Aboriginals would have Australian names.

Source(s): http://www.eurograduate.com/images/articles/news/n... - White person born and raised in Australia, origanlly from Europe. http://www.aboriginalartstore.com.au/photos/aborig... - Aboriginal woman, the native to Australia.
  • ?

I LOVED IT!!! The best movie I have seen in years. It's epic, the visuals are unbelievable. It was well worth the movie ticket and the 2 1/2 hours. FANTASTIC! I loved the little boy and can't wait for the DVD

... Go home and pick up a history book, and study a bit about Australian History, the relationship between America, UK and Australia, and stop all these ignorant racism.

Crocodile Dundee?

That's like saying someone from England is called Pip Cheerio, or that someone from Frnace is called Escargot Creme. Really? REALLY? Honestly, that's kind of racist. Not very, but I wouldn't go around saying that.

These are the actresses/actors real names except for Mel Gibson.

His real name is Columcille Gerard Gibson....Read this article, it is saying he was not techincally born in Australia!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biogra...