Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

holocaust..........................?

okay,

in class we are doing the nuremberg trial (with herman goering).

i need to know some stuff he did wrong (i know i'm stupid, but i can't comprehend wikipedia.)

and

who all did the nazi kill in the holocaust?

i know jews, but didn't they kill homosexuals and other religions too?

:] thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

the Holocaust is the term generally used to describe the genocide of approximately six million European Jews during World War II, as part of a program of deliberate and systematic state-sponsored extermination planned and executed by Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler. some scholars have maintained that the Holocaust should also include the Nazis' systematic murder of other groups including ethnic Poles, the Romani, Soviet civilians, Soviet prisoners of war, disabled people, homosexual men and political and religious opponents, bringing the total number of Holocaust victims to between 11 million and 17 million people.

the persecution and genocide were accomplished in stages. legislation to remove the Jews from civil society was enacted years before the outbreak of World War II. concentration camps were established in which inmates were used as slave labour until they died of exhaustion or disease. where the Third Reich conquered new territory in eastern Europe, specialized units called Einsatzgruppen murdered Jews and political opponents in mass shootings. Jews and Romani were crammed into ghettos before being transported by freight train to extermination camps where, if they survived the journey, the majority of them were killed in gas chambers. Every arm of Nazi Germany's bureaucracy was involved in the logistics of the mass murder, turning the country into what one Holocaust scholar has called "a genocidal state".

Source(s): Fair & Balanced
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First, it is debatable weather this event should be called the holocaust.

Holocaust means burnt offering, where this would glorify Hitler as making an offering to god, which is based on the easter play that Hitler went to see in Austria before decide to commit genocide against the jews.

This is also why Passion of the Christ is banned in israel.

So, lets be politically correct and call it the jewish genocide of ww2.

Nazi captured and killed the Jews because he declared that they were greedy and that there were robbing Germany and Europe and this needed to be stopped. In this, Hitler also molder what he would call the Aryan race. He basically took what an most Jews look like and created the image of the Aryan race.

In addition, people who did not fit this image were gays, gypsies, and political prisoners from russia.

• 5 years ago

If you would want to know what happened just read for yourself Chronicles of General Brady, Patton, Winston Churchill and the medical reports of the International Red Cross..very interesting

Read it for yourself...find the out for yourself I hope you have a few months...Just Churchill's was 7000 pg

• 1 decade ago

they killed jews, non-christians, homosexuals, and disabled people

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They killed people that screwed the german people over.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.