Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

hot baths when pregnant?

hi im 36w 1d pregnant with my first child, little girl and i love hot baths!! just wonderd if it can halm the baby or if it brings on the labour? shes very active.thanksx

7 Answers

Relevance
  • =)
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) states that becoming overheated in a hot tub is not recommended during pregnancy. ACOG also recommends that pregnant women never let their core body temperature rise above 102.2º F

so you should be careful and if you do don't stay in there

for over 10 mins

good luck

Source(s): 9 wks pregnant
  • 1 decade ago

I am 23 weeks 4 days and my Dr. said hot baths are fine but not to stay in there for a very long time. He said if I start to feel over heated just simply get out. So I say go enjoy a hot bath for a few minutes.

• 1 decade ago

You shouldn't take hot baths while your pregnant. You could raise the baby's body temperature and doctor's say once that has happened it's hard to lower it back soon enough to help the baby. If her temperature gets too high yes it could harm her. Avoid hot. Try warm. Yes ten minutes or less.

• 1 decade ago

It's not good for you to sit in hot water when you're pregnant.

The baby's temperature is already one degree higher than yours and by sitting in hot water, it can raise the temperature of the amniotic fluid and, in turn, the temperature of the baby. I don't think I need to tell you what happens when people's internal body temp's get too high, do I?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

having hot bath will raise up your body temperature which is not so good for the baby.

• KD
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

anything above body temperature should be limited to ten minutes.

Source(s): what to expect when you're expecting
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

as long as your not getting sick or dizzy you'll be fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.