How come a vast number of people now believe in vampires?

The book twilight has horribly destroyed the image of the traditional vampire and left many people(mostly women, sorry science says your minds are soft and squishy) wishing they lived in forks with vampires if you could call them that.

Best Answer

Oh thank god. To most of the Intelligent people who answered before me, I thank you. I expected to open this question and witness the ask er of this fabulous question being attacked by vicious "twilighters". But, thankfully, you have proved me wrong. I believe in the human race once again!!!

Vampires will always change through the ages, but hopefully no one rips them to pieces like that book did.

I thinkshe just interpreted vampires different.

I mean the bookhas become widley successfull, so people are bound to believe that version.

I think the different take on things was interesting, and it proved to be a good series.

I do think the fan girls drooling over Edward is a bit to much though, yeah we all have ideals in our heads, but if every girl wants an edward they're all a bit erm molded? if yu ask me.

I still think of vampires as your version, but thinking of her versions is wierd but still good.

I suppose as well it adds a 'nice side' to vampires, taking away all the prejudice lol :/ ):)

• Moo

Twilight. The disgraceful fad that is thankfully easing out of the spotlight - traditional vampires are supposed to be evil, ruthless blood suckers - not guys who stalk humans and fall in love.

I think it is because people have always had an overwhelming need to believe in things they can actually see. Almost all religions are "faith based."

I have to admit, it would be cool. Do I personally believe in vampires? I want to. But the answer is no. I do believe in somethings that can't be explained though.

It's because many people like to be escapists and live in an imaginary world when they can't handle real life or think it's boring. And, women are no more susceptible to that than men are. I know many men who do the same thing, and even with Twilight.

TWILIGHT SAGA...it made vampires sound good instead of evil and people want to believe in good things instead of bad/scary things...the twilight saga is a good series but people shouldn't start believing in vampires just because of books

They don't, it just gives them a sensation to think about it. God forbid they ever met a real vampire--I mean, vampire bat. They wouldn't say, nice vampire, good baby, suck all my blood. Nor would they be happy if there were actual human vamps around draining their blood.

There are pople who need human blood because their systems can't make certain hormones, antibodies; or something may be lacking in their blood structure so they can't absorb certain minerals or vitamins.

• ls

There is a difference between believing in vampires and wishing you had a boyfriend who sparkles like 'Edward'.

if people think there are vampires because of twilight they are in for a rude awakening!

Although I enjoyed the Twilight saga, I agree,

this whole 'ZommmGGG I luvv EdwardDD!" Phenomenon is awful.

vampires shouldn't sparkle. period.