USAA credit cards, anyone have experience?

I'm considering getting a USAA credit card (preferably the american express one) so I can improve my credit. (I do have a starcard and I've never missed a payment). I was just wondering if anyone else has used it and if they charge a monthly fee...

If it was around 4-5 dollars for a monthly fee I wouldn't care, but if it was around 30-40 bucks for no reason I do care.

I do have a USAA debit card/bankaccount/savings/joint account.... insurance.. LOL >.< I just never have gotten a credit card before.

Best Answer

USAA offers MasterCard and American Express. They will provide you a Visa card if you request but prefer MasterCard.

There are no annual fees on the current cards they offer. They used to have a different rewards program that carried an annual fee but that isn't available anymore. Their current rewards program is free.

The only fees you would get from a USAA credit card would be late fees, balance transfer fees, convenience check fees...but none for normal purchases with a card

Source(s): I have a MasterCard and an Amex

Yes the USAA credit cards are very reasonable I'd recommend USAA to my friends and family.

I do not know however if they offer an American Express, I think it is just Visa or Mastercard. I have the Mastercard.

USAA is the best! I've banked with numerous institutions over the years and none of them come close to USAA. Credit card APR is relatively low, compared to other credit cards. No monthly fee. I recommend using USAA for all your needs....insurance, banking, financial advice, investing, etc.

I have a USAA Master card. Very competitive rates and easy to make payments online. I can keep track of that along with my insurance all on one sight.

I personally don't like American Express. Late on a payment and they get real ugly real fast.

• mykit

Yes USAA credit card is good and reasonable also. They also provides reward program to their customers.

For more details http://www.dailyrewardslogin.com/2013/12/how-to-ch...

No, first I heard of it.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?...

I have never paid a monthly fee for a credit card.