Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 1 decade ago

Odds of shuting down Mexico?

I'm leaving for Mexico for a business trip-all the way to the tip of the peninsula on Thursday afternoon. What are my odds of getting there because of all this swine flu talk? Should I cancel my trip? Do you think they will shut down airports?

• Hearty
    Favorite Answer

Which part of Mexico? Mexico City is the worst hit and precautions are being taken there:

MEXICO CITY, April 27 (UPI) -- Officials in Mexico City declared Monday the highest state of alert for efforts to contain the spreading swine flu virus.

A spokesman for the city government, Marcel Ebrard, said many business would be closed and public events canceled in hopes of containing the virus that is spread through human contact, El Universal reported online.

Ebrard said that city officials were coordinating with the Ministry of Health to distribute breathing masks in public transportation like buses and subways, which many Mexicans have attempted to avoid using in recent days for fear of contamination.

So far, Mexican health officials said, 103 people have died from the virus. All fatalities were in Mexico, though the virus has also been reported in New York City and several U.S. states.

**Several airlines are waving their change of dates of travel fees

Well I live here in Mexico and they are shutting down the schools and some government offices until further notice.

I live in Quintana Roo, Mexico.

People are wearing the masks just to be safe.

I wouldn't travel to Mexico right now if I were you. Especially boarding an airplane with all the recycled air, ugh. However, this is America and it's quite possible you could lose your job if you refused to go.

How long will your trip be? For your own safety (coming home) I think I'd wait if it's possible just in case things get worse

i dont think theyll shut it down... but they r taking the precautions n having people wear masks n all that. it is unsafe to travel right now, but sum ppl choose to ignore the warnings n travel neways. i, personally, would go to Mex. lol but thats just me. If u really feel at risk of the virus, stay home.

Cancel your trip. If you decide to go Mexico, you better be ready.

you might as well cancel your trip cos' there not letting anyone in/out of places with the swin flu.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090427/ap_on_he_me/me...

^^that should help.(:

and youd rather be safe than sorry.

airports will not be shut dow although that would be the smart thing to do, to government wouldn't do it

ddddddd

g

g

g

g

g

g

g

g

g

g

g

g

gg

gggg

ggg

ggg

gg

ggg

gg

g

g

g

g

g

g

f

f

d

d

d

f

r

rr

g

r

rg

a

ag

ar

g

r

d

f

g

r

thanx