Why do you think President Obama has the highest approval rating, at this point, of any President in 20 years?

Despite the partisan divide, he is strongly supported by the majority of Americans. What do you think is the main reason? Economics? Foreign relations? http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ikQec4s9i1Pkvb_MecsjUpBAkNaA WASHINGTON (AFP) — US President Barack Obama, who is approaching his... show more Despite the partisan divide, he is strongly supported by the majority of Americans. What do you think is the main reason? Economics? Foreign relations?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ikQec4s9i1Pkvb_MecsjUpBAkNaA

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US President Barack Obama, who is approaching his first 100 days in office, is enjoying the best presidential job approval rating at this point in 20 years, a new opinion survey showed.
The poll, by ABC News and The Washington Post, indicated 69 percent of Americans approve of the job he is doing, which is the highest evaluation in about two decades.

But the president faces a partisan divide. While 93 percent of Democrats approve of his activities, only 36 percent of Republicans do so, the poll showed.

Fifty-four percent say Obama's doing a better job than they expected, far above former presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton at their 100-day mark.

They got a 39-percent and 35-percent better-than-expected rating, respectively.
Update: From the same article, for those wondering who was polled:

The poll was conducted April 21-24 among a random national sample of 1,072 adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus three points.
Update 2: Proud to be an American: You might want to note the word "random" in the above excerpt from the article. Also, I realize that those who don't agree with the majority often support their own opinion by saying we shouldn't believe everything we are told. It's a back handed way of trying to... show more Proud to be an American:
You might want to note the word "random" in the above excerpt from the article.

Also, I realize that those who don't agree with the majority often support their own opinion by saying we shouldn't believe everything we are told. It's a back handed way of trying to boost their own opinion by insulting others for noting information they don't happen to like. Thank you for illustrating this quite clearly.
Update 3: Proud to be American: If you wish to question the methodology please do so, but since you are the one making this point, I would appreciate some evidence of what you claim about this methodology. Please show me how random equals more Democrats happening to answer their phones. I don't really care if... show more Proud to be American:

If you wish to question the methodology please do so, but since you are the one making this point, I would appreciate some evidence of what you claim about this methodology. Please show me how random equals more Democrats happening to answer their phones.

I don't really care if you disagree, you always disagree with anyone who says anything good about our President. This question wasn't even an opinion, but an observation of an article and a poll and curiosity about why people think this is the case. I don't agree with you but my disagreement doesn't equal an attack. I haven't called you names or insulted you with vague claims that use my own assumptions to try and back up my opinion. Simple observation of your methods are not an attack. My appreciation of your free speech rights is always present and accounted for.